What are you doing with that dog and I'm not talking about that puppy..

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Refuge, May 25, 2017.

1. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

The Q and the Grey. If Janeway had said yes to Q would it have been so bad? I'm not suggesting she had to, of course not. However imagine the child? Imagine keeping that cute dog? Imagine that she could have got Voyager home..

2. questella

questella Ensign Red Shirt

Would be cool but we know what happened to Vash when she took off with him, lol, I never cared for her though. :P

3. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, it would have been "that bad" and on so many different levels.

Gary7 and questella like this.
  4. at Quark's

at Quark's Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

... ending Voyager after only three seasons ? ;)

5. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Or the show switched to become focused on the female Q, I would've happily watched that for the remaining four years!

6. Refuge

The female Q was just as 'provocative' as our Q. I kind of liked her but not at the expense of everybody else.

It would've been curious to imagine a Q/Janeway offspring.

7. DamarsKanar

DamarsKanar Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Actually I think it could have been kind of cool - maybe they could have written it so Q told Janeway how easy it would've been to have a kid, and for whatever reason Janeway decides it would help the universe in some way to have this offspring (but doesn't get them home cause we don't want the show to end). It certainly could have created some interesting stories over the years to have a Q child out there who pops up on Voyager now and then and has a weird parental relationship with Janeway..

8. Refuge

Aunty Kathy was a bit of fun, she would've made a great mother.

9. TommyR01D

TommyR01D Captain Captain

I still remember that particular line and the reaction shot. It really should have featured some comedy brass music and the words "See you after the break!" in big yellow letters.

10. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Janeway would have died for her crew, to get them home. And in fact Admiral Janeway does just that.

But Janeway wouldn't mate with Q to get her crew home. Aparrently it's a fate worse than death.

The real question though is would Admiral Janeway have mated with Q to get her crew home? I suspect yes. Time makes these matters less weighty, whats a little mating to get what you want.

11. Hela

Hela Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was for Q's own benefit.

He has the sort of personality that'd quickly provoke you into the preying mantis approach to motherhood.

12. teacake

Yeah. If I had his baby I'd totes want to eat it.

13. Refuge

It was an ET finger touching mating.. I think. Two minutes later you're pregnant, by tea time you have a two year old.

It's kind of neat that when Aunty Kathy meets her Godson he's the actual son of the actor playing Q.

14. Hela

Hela Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not quiet. The female bites the guy's head off, and eats his brain. So that he's of some use during pregnancy, ya see.

And if any Trek character provokes head-biting, it's Q.

15. at Quark's

at Quark's Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Already, I can hear Q whine:

"You bit my head off! Picard never bit my head off!"

questella likes this.
  16. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The thing that would've made it bad is the position Q placed her in. And also the context. Q presented "returning home" to her in exchange for sex in the same lewd context that a perverted boss may present a promotion to a junior for doing the same kind of thing. There's nothing about that which wouldn't have been wrong.

17. teacake

I knew this but when I posted I didn't know it for some brain glitch reason and then I remembered it but was on my phone and couldn't be bothered correcting it.

And yeah Q is just 1000% annoying. Does he ever say anything not trying to provoke?

18. teacake

She wouldn't have done it anyway, even if she'd known about it being a one second finger touching deal. Janeway would NEVER have a baby that she would probably never see again!

uh..

19. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I like to think of the Q as not exactly omnipotent. Powerful.... very powerful... but with some limits. I have a feeling that the fabric of the universe is more than just vastly complex, but also delicate in many ways. Even a Q disrupting and re-writing history can cause repercussions that go far beyond their understanding. So, Q doing something as drastic as taking the Voyager crew home ahead of schedule would cause an extremely significant shift to the timeline.

I think the Q are highly adept at illusion, capable of manipulating the inputs senses of intelligent beings to simulate reality exactly. Well beyond the capabilities of a holodeck. Q does this to Picard, having him relive his life and give him a chance to make a life change. But I think it was all imagination. Q knew Picard was going to be saved. He just had a bit of fun with him in the interim. Yes, Q can influence gravitational fields, transport objects across vast distances, and morph matter into energy and back again... but to a point. Are they immortal? Maybe. At least relative to humanoids.

Refuge likes this.
  20. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

"I’m glad the writers don’t belabor the sex-as-commerce question – would Janeway sleep with Q if it meant getting back to Earth? – but I also believe that in her situation, stranded in the Delta Quadrant with diminishing resources, Kirk would cheerfully swap sex with Q for a trip home and probably make Q fall in love with him for life in the process."​

questella likes this.