We Have All The Time In The World: OHMSS Turning 50

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by SantaEddie74, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Oh dear George https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...ws-story/5233041a3f4b7e8b93c6d05c9860bea9?amp

Starkers likes this.
  2. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Yeah I was reading about this earlier. He's already been on social media to apologise trotting out the "Some of my best friends are gay" defence!

Not every Bond can be Roger Moore I guess (not that Rog was always a saint ;) but he genuinely came across like a decent human being, even if he had his failings)

Captaindemotion likes this.
  3. Ssosmcin

Ssosmcin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Totally saw what you did there. :guffaw:

Starkers and Captaindemotion like this.
  4. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^This never happened to the other guy! :p

Starkers and Captaindemotion like this.
  5. MakeshiftPython

MakeshiftPython Commodore Commodore

Sounds like a case of an old man having lost the sense to read a room and control his decorum. This would be like if Leo attends a Titanic concert and started rambling on about his prime years in the infamous Pussy Posse. Like, dude, we’re not at the Playboy mansion.

I bet the bit about using a homosexual slur was related to him telling the story about Cubby and Harry sending a prostitute to his hotel room in order to find out “if I was a poofter”, or something along those lines.

publiusr and SantaEddie74 like this.
  6. Foxhot

Foxhot Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

7. publiusr

publiusr Vice Admiral Admiral

Atomic face palm…

8. SantaEddie74

SantaEddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

George has always been notoriously loose-lipped and blunt so does this surprise me? No. Not remotely.

Starkers likes this.
  9. MakeshiftPython

MakeshiftPython Commodore Commodore

That audience might as well have gone to a Jordan Belfort seminar.

“Alright mother******s, let me tell you about this one time I took way too much adderall while banging four hookers!”

10. SantaEddie74

11. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I’ve actually been wondering if they’ll call the next movie On His Majesty’s Secret Service, though I suppose that they may feel they had enough OHMSS nods in No Time to Die.

It is a little wild that not only every onscreen Bond until now (including Barry Nelson) was during Elizabeth II’s reign but so too were even all the literary ones. Fleming began writing the first book on 17th February 1952, 11 days after she became Queen.

12. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I guess from now on Bond is a King's Man ;)

13. SantaEddie74

"Sorry, Sir!"

14. SantaEddie74

Happy 60th Birthday to Dr. No and, by extension, the James Bond movie franchise! The film had its world premiere at the London Pavillion on October 5, 1962.

15. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Many happy returns...MR BOND!

SantaEddie74 likes this.
  16. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Did anyone else watch the new documentary on the music over on Amazon? I found it to be exceedingly underwhelming. It's advertised as "for the 60th", but I can't help but think it was recorded earlier and shelved until now because it comes off more as a commercial for NT2D, than anything overly comprehensive.

17. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I found an interesting bit of business in my 50th anniversary TV viewing that I thought would be noteworthy here. In the October 11, 1972, episode of Adam-12, "Training Wheels," Malloy and Reed respond to a 459 at a car dealership. When they announce themselves to the burglar inside, he drives a red 1972 AMC Javelin out the showroom window, and a high-speed chase ensues. Sound-familiar?

As this soundly predates production of TMWTGG (LALD just began filming the same week that the episode aired), I have to think that both sequences were AMC's idea.

SantaEddie74 likes this.
  18. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

I finally watched the movie. Did you know we have a thing called "snow" and "ice"? They really knocked you over the head that this movie was focusing on James Bond and the snow factor this time. There were at least 3 snow related sequences.

It drags on alot during the piza gloria moments. The weird hypnotism scene really reminded me of those psychedelic art house 60's art movies

Also it was pretty common back in those days to speed up the ADR so the dialogue has an unnatural rushness to it.

19. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I mean the film is primarily set in Austria where there's a lot of snow and ice.

It's like complaining there's a lot of sea and sun in Licence to Kill, and how many sea related scenes are there in LTK?

SantaEddie74 likes this.
  20. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Oops meant Switzerland not Austria obviously! Austria was where Bond was supposed to lure Blofeld to so he could be snatched! (Turning in my licence to kill as we speak)