War of the Worlds- new French/British production

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by arch101, Jun 29, 2021.

1. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

Has anyone caught this new War of the Worlds series yet? It is on Epix in the US and is a co-production of the British and French. Gabriel Byrne stars in it. I just discovered I had Epix in my streaming package and caught the 1st and part of the 2nd seasons so far. It's got my attention, though it has even less to do with War of the Worlds than previous productions. I thought at first it could have been titled anything but year 2 is actually evocative of year 2 of the old '80s WotW tv show. Anyway, it's got me hooked now but I noticed no threads for it on the BBS yet.

2. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Season 2 is like season 2 of the 80's show? So they get rid of all the minorities, and strip the remaining characters of any personality? And destroy what they established 1st season?

We used to have an Epix subscription, but withour latest deal, somehow we lost it. Hopefully we can see it soon

3. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

As soon as someone yelled “ they look just like us now!” I had a flashback to Harrison Blackwood saying the exact same thing in the old show. The Mortaxians (?) overcame their radiation problems and took human form in season 2. These new guys seem to have done the same with their genetic disabilities.

4. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So....anyone actually watching? Was last Sunday the shocking season finale?

5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's on Disney+ in the UK. I watched the first episode and decided life was too short for any more.

6. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

The S2 finale will be on August 1st. Apparently the show has already been picked up for a third season to air next year.

I got the Epix subscription through Amazon Prime for $5.99 a month with a seven day free trial. Might be worth waiting until S2 finishes, getting it, binging the show, and then cancelling.

The show redefines the term "slow burn", but it has kept me interested so far. It's not something I'm ever going to rewatch or anything, but for now I'm invested.

7. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

I saw the entire first season. I also saw the first episode of the second season and decided not to continue watching it. It wasn't interesting anymore.

I prefer evil invading aliens to look evil and alien. These aliens are too human looking for my taste. That is why i stopped watching.

I also kinda liked the French army unit storyline but not the storyline based in the UK.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  8. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I enjoyed the first season but I don't have Disney. I'm glad it's got a second season.