Want a Picture of Discovery's Enterprise

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Omikse, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Omikse

Omikse Ensign Newbie

I am looking for a decent side view of the enterprise from Discover. All the one I can find are either of the front or the back after it is face to face with discovery. Any help would be great.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Markonian and Saturn0660 like this.
  3. Omikse

Omikse Ensign Newbie

Thanks for that. I looked at that site before coming here but it does not have the shot I am looking for. I might have to download the episode and pull it myself.

4. Christopher

Somebody already put it on YouTube:

5. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

That's just about the cleanest upload around right now. Maybe when we get the blu-rays there will be something better.

6. Mad Jack Wolfe

Mad Jack Wolfe Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Needs moar lens flare.

7. Omikse

Omikse Ensign Newbie

With a little cutting and cropping I have made it work until we get a better picture of it next season. Thanks for the help guys

8. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You'd think they'd have publicity images ready for distribution by now.

9. Ar-Pharazon

Yes, in 10,000,080p that I can put on the side of my building without loss of quality.

Jedman67 likes this.
  10. Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Life-size quality. I want to see Pike and Spock through that window!

Turtletrekker and Ar-Pharazon like this.
  11. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Seriously, though. You're gonna do something like this, you need publicity stills at the ready once the word is out.

12. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Err, we still don't have official orthos of the 2009 Enterprise:lol:

13. Ar-Pharazon

It has to be shouty Spock.

Tim Thomason likes this.
  14. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    That's because They continue to say that Tech type books don't make any money.
    Even though it's possible that just about every Star Trek Fan probably has acquired one at some point.
    And the assortment of previous ones continue to be sold on Amazon with several reprints already having been created for just about ALL OF THEM..
    :shrug:

15. Christopher

Not really. In general, the audience for tie-in books to a TV or film franchise is something like 1 to 2 percent of the total fanbase, because interest in TV or film does not, sadly, translate automatically to interest in reading. And the percentage of fans who are interested in the technical side of things specifically is going to be a fraction of that fraction, a niche market within a niche market. Not to mention that illustrated tech books are more expensive to make than prose fiction, so it's harder for them to turn a profit.

16. Crazy Eddie

Crazy Eddie Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I was just thinking that too. Just because something will sell doesn't actually make it profitable. The demand for the tech books was at its height during the TNG era when the viewership was enormous, but since then the quantity and quality of tie-in materials has been tapering off year by year. I remember there being like 4 or 5 different "Star Trek Companion" books for TNG and DS9 each, plus the TNG and DS9 tech manuals, the making of Star Trek, the Art of Star Trek, etc. Now we get an art book every now and then, nothing technical, nothing in depth about the background or making of the book except for what gets published in interviews and DVD extras. The Art books probably sell better than the tech manuals by an order of magnitude and even those are smaller and rarer now.

17. Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's Spock laughing at some leaves.

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  18. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You could check the screencaps at the bottom of this page -- you might find the side view you're looking for there.

GNDN18 likes this.
  19. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What Christopher said. I know several Trekkies, and I'm the only one that collects and reads the paperbacks. I hardly ever get a tech book. I know from the TrekLit part of the forum that the tech books are bought less than the paperbacks. So yeah, They are totally right.

20. jaime

jaime Vice Admiral Admiral

Counterpoint. There are people that buy tech books even if they aren’t interested in the literature or even the property it’s based on. I have my fathers TNG tech manual, and the only other Trek book he owned was the old ‘Making Of’ from the sixties. The only Trek merchandise he ever owned apart from that was a model enterprise, but he likes making models (mainly military stuff)
    I have the Mass Effect artbook (design stuff technically) from its first release, despite only passing interest in the franchise (I didn’t own an Xbox, and the franchise was an exclusive back then.)
    Tech manuals can also be really cheap to produce, as often they are just annotated production designs or adaptations thereof (like the leaked and unofficial Voyager tech manual, or star logs TNG tech journal.) sometimes a side project for production staff made from staff they were doing anyway for the show.
    The only thing in the way of profit is possibly their size and whether they go full colour. In the land of ebooks, and with ‘art of’ books being released for damn near every genre film going, usually in coffee table format (if you put four toilet rolls under the Blade Runner 2049 one, it forms it’s own coffee table in fact.) it’s really not much of a stretch.
    The reason there’s nothing do 2009 is because Bad Robot got its negligee in a knot over merchandising rights, and DSCs lack of well...anything...is probably a knock on.
    They sell, and not only to Trek fans. Model makers, design students, general genre fans, gamers of various stripes, engineering students...all sorts.