Voyager Trending on Netflix

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by JamesRye, Aug 31, 2017.

1. JamesRye

JamesRye Captain Captain

OK, I get these emails from Netflix now and again that tell me what is 'trending'. Voyager keeps coming up on it!

Does anyone know how the 'trending' feature works? Does it really mean that a shed load of people are watching Voyager? It also lists Suits and the IT Crowd.

2. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes. It means that out of the people that watch shows and movies of a similar genre, many are watching Voyager.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  3. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

It's not surprising that it's trending, probably all of the series are. There is a new series coming out so it probably sparked some interest in the previous series.

Iseult likes this.
  4. JamesRye

JamesRye Captain Captain

I was just surprised to see it trending - mainly because the SD streaming quality is so bad :(

5. Iseult

Iseult Ensign Red Shirt

TNG is trending as well as Enterprise.

I'm off sick from work for a few weeks because of injuries. What have I done with this time you ask? Learn a language, read the classics, spring clean? Nope. I rewatched all of Voyager haha.

Sophie74656 and Prax like this.
  6. Sophie74656

I guess that depends. I recently watched through both DS9 and Voyager and found the quality fine.

7. JamesRye

JamesRye Captain Captain

I'm watching on quite a large TV, so that might make it look worse to me.

8. Sophie74656

Maybe, I don't know what you consider large though. We were watching on a 60 ish inch screen.

9. JamesRye

JamesRye Captain Captain

OK! Yours is bigger than mine ;)

I've since realised that what's "trending" is meaningless! Trending simply means it's based on what other users with similar interests have also watched. So, because I watched an episode of "Peep Show", I'm now told that Alan Partridge and Arrested Development are "trending".

So when Isuelt posted:
    TNG and ENT are only "trending" because of course if other users have watched VOY, then they are likely to have watched ENT and TNG.

10. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

First, I hope that you feel better now. And second, to rewarch all of Voyager is a pretty good way to spend some quality time, isn't it?! So enjoy it! :hugegrin:

Iseult likes this.
  11. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Its practically a reward!

Iseult likes this.