Voyager Title Sequence in HD (CG Recreation)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Michael, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Just wanted to share this beautiful HD recreation of the Voyager title sequence that has just been posted on YouTube. Artist the IRLM (who gained some attention when he released these two beautiful high-definition versions of effects scenes from Deep Space Nine a couple of years ago) has worked on this since 2017, recreating everything from scratch.

There are a number of differences between the original SD title sequence and this recreation, but the result is pretty amazing nonetheless ...

cosmic mouse and Tosk like this.
  2. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

No reflection in the rings :(

somebuddyX likes this.
  3. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

...which is a good thing. The reflection is completely at odds with the scale of the ship vs the planet.

SolarisOne likes this.
  4. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Commodore Commodore

5. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

But it was the most impressive effect for me back then :D

Tosk likes this.
  6. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

I‘m of two minds about “fixing” some of the creative license “mistakes” in the title sequence, like the reflection in the planet‘s rings or the long shadow in front of Voyager when she‘s in front of the sun. On the one hand the novelty factor of seeing it “corrected” for once is nice and appreciated. But on the other hand there‘s still so much stuff where the creators took liberty with how it would really look and sound. I mean, they might as well “fix” the ship being only illuminated by surrounding light sources or it making no sound in space. Some of it might be scientifically incorrect, but it certainly looks way cooler and I wouldn‘t want this to be changed in the actual title sequence.

7. somebuddyX

somebuddyX Commodore Commodore

Tiny planet or GTFO.
    But this is very beautiful.