Voyage Home (1701-A) console graphics

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by K1productions, Jun 1, 2020.

1. K1productions

K1productions Commander Red Shirt

Years ago I attempted to create the consoles from the Enterprise-A as seen at the end of Voyage Home as screen-accurate as possible. The only consoles we actually see are Communications and Auxiliary Systems Monitor (the one on the back wall) but it turns out the others were in-fact built. The Damage And Repair console here was seen in a photograph of Gene Roddenberry and Majel Barrett Roddenberry on that same set, which also helped me fill in the missing center panel. The Engineering station I had to kinda make up myself, based on the graphics we saw in the book "Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise"
    This is also my first experience using Flickr, so hopefully the images post the way they are supposed to :P
    https://flic.kr/p/2j7Hqcn
    https://flic.kr/p/2j7ESeA
    https://flic.kr/p/2j7JRWT

EDIT: apparently it does not show a preview image,... how do I correct this?

DEWLine likes this.
  2. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

^^^
    • Go to each Flickr image and click on the DOWN ARROW icon in the lower right
    Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 1.50.58 AM.png
    • Click View All Sizes
    • Pick the size you want to display
    • Right click on the image and select Copy Image Address
    Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 1.54.07 AM.png
    • Come back to the BBS post and click the picture icon at the top of the post editing window
    • In the field IMAGE URL: paste the URL you copied...
    Voila.

DEWLine and Michael like this.
  3. K1productions

Here goes nothin
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Henoch, cardinal biggles and Tosk like this.
  4. BorgMan

BorgMan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, looks like everything to me ;-) Great images, I for one am happy to see such high quality stuff. Makes making custom graphics for my own ships a lot easier :-)

5. K1productions

Unfortunately there was still a great deal of guesswork, for example the center panel and the ones on the wings. These are by far the hardest to find any source material on

6. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

A "thank you" would have been nice.

7. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Thank you.

Both of you. :)

8. K1productions

Ahh yes thank you. I got lost in the excitement as I hopped back into Flash :P

9. daveyjones

daveyjones Lieutenant Red Shirt

KI, your renderings remind me that i REALLY liked the look of the enterprise-A in those last moments of TVH. that's the enterprise i wanted to see in TFF and TUC. basically the refit bridge, but cleaned up, apple store bright-white with flat panel okudagrams. incidentally, i believe that was the first job mike was hired for, which lead to his position on TNG. those bridge graphics.

10. K1productions

Yes indeed, these were the genesis of what we would later call Okudagrams. That and the displays on the Klingon Bird of Prey, which they named H.M.S. Bounty. I had become aware of this binder that apparently had all of the design negatives from that movie, and on what I wouldn't give to get a look at it.
    [​IMG]
    This would help me greatly to create a full bridge layout, and perhaps also help other folks' projects, like those awesome 3D recreations Donny is making.
    The panels I want to see the most badly are the Helm/Nav station, and the Weapons panel. And we know based on this picture here that the full set was in fact made, or rather customized with the new graphics.
    [​IMG]
    It was this picture that allowed me to complete the recreations in the first place