Spoilers Voy: Architects of Infinity by Kirsten Beyer (review)

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by JWolf, Apr 10, 2021.

?

Rate Architects of Infinity

1. Oustanding

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Above Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Below Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor/Lousy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWolf

JWolf Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

Blurb:
    As the Federation Starship Voyager continues to lead the Full Circle Fleet in its exploration of the Delta Quadrant, Admiral Kathryn Janeway remains concerned about the Krenim Imperium and its ability to rewrite time to suit its whims. At Captain Chakotay's suggestion, however, she orders the fleet to focus its attention on a unique planet in a binary system, where a new element has been discovered. Several biospheres exist on this otherwise uninhabitable world, each containing different atmospheres and features that argue other sentient beings once resided on the surface. Janeway hopes that digging into an old-fashioned scientific mystery will lift the crews' morale, but she soon realizes that the secrets buried on this world may be part of a much larger puzzle—one that points to the existence of a species whose power to reshape the galaxy might dwarf that of the Krenim.

Meanwhile, Lieutenants Nancy Conlon and Harry Kim continue to struggle with the choices related to Conlon’s degenerative condition. Full Circle’s medical staff discovers a potential solution, but complications will force a fellow officer to confront her people’s troubled past and her own future in ways she never imagined…

About the Author:

Kirsten Beyer is the New York Times bestselling author of ten Star Trek: Voyager novels, including String Theory: Fusion, Full Circle, Unworthy, Children of the Storm, The Eternal Tide, Protectors, Acts of Contrition, Atonement, A Pocket Full of Lies, and Architects of Infinity. She wrote the Buffy the Vampire Slayer novel, One Thing or Your Mother, and the Alias novel Once Lost. In 2016, she joined the writing staff of the CBS All Access series Star Trek: Discovery. In 2017, she pitched the premise for a new series centered around one of Star Trek’s most beloved captains, Jean-Luc Picard, and became one of show’s cocreators. In addition to her writing and producing responsibilities, Kirsten also serves as the resident Star Trek canon resource for the writer’s rooms and production departments, as well as the liaison between the series and the tie-in licensors. Kirsten received undergraduate degrees in English Literature and Theater Arts from Loyola Marymount University and an MFA degree from UCLA. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband, actor and composer David Permenter, and their daughter.

2. Jinn

Jinn Mistress of the Chaotic Energies Rear Admiral

I think we already have a review thread here.

Avro Arrow likes this.
  3. JWolf

Odd, I did a search for it and did not find it. I'll ask a moderator to close this thread or delete it. Thanks.

4. Jinn

Jinn Mistress of the Chaotic Energies Rear Admiral

Yeah, the search function here is really weird with words shorter than four letters. I found the review thread by putting in "Architects", but found nothing for "Architects of Infinity".

5. JWolf

That is really bizarre that having the word "of" in the search causes it to fail. Thank you for that bit of info. Now I can get my searches to work.

6. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

That is very weird - I'll mention it to the tech wizards who look after the software. I'll close this thread.

JWolf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.