Vince's Season 8 arc (Entourage) **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Joe Washington, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought Vince’s arc in Season 7 was interesting and original from the character for a change though I wished the past several seasons had gradually built up to Vince’s downward spiral. Now I’m wondering if Season 8 will going to be true to Vince’s road to recovery after rehab. I don't want him bounce back from things and get into a new movie just after he got released from rehab. I want there to be lasting consequences for his actions last season and an emotional explanation for his self-destructive behavior last season instead of the lame excuse of a head jury from the stunt he did in the Season 7 premiere.
    Do you think Vince's road to recovery will be portrayed as it should be or will it be brushed under the rug to make way for silly Entourage fun?

2. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe 1 episode will be spent on that and the rest will make way for silly Entourage shenanigans. Afterall they probably have to "reset" a little bit for the Entourage movie and going into that movie with all that baggage wouldn't be very fun at all.

3. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is this seriously the only Entourage discussion thread here? I couldn't find one and wanted to discuss the finale (which does include Vince's arc of course).

4. Joe Washington

Whoa. I'm surprised someone actually bring this thread back.

But on the subject of Vince's Season 8 arc, it wasn't more of an arc. It lacked emotional stakes, important character development on Vince's part, and consequences after Vince went through a drug-fueled downward spiral that should have been damaging for his career more than the Medellin debacle.

5. Obiwanshinobi

Well as usual it ended with a happy ending where everything just magically works out for them in addition to meeting up in an airplane hanger. With that said, bring on the Entourage movie!

6. Joe Washington

I don't really see the point of an Entourage Movie since everything ended all happily ever after at the end of the series. In my opinions, movie follow-ups to TV shows should only be made if the series ended on an unresolved note like the cliffhanger ending of Farscape or Twin Peaks.

7. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How Entourage should have ended: Vince's career tanked. Ari finally realized that the biggest agent in Hollywood had more important (and lucrative) clients to deal with than a washed up pretty boy with a self indulgent streak. Drama's cartoon lasted three episodes.

Lloyd, now managing both brothers, gets Vince and Drama a reality show: "Keeping up with the Chases." The ending of the series is a reality show version of the "Entourage" opening, with Vince and Drama riding in the convertable, only it's broad daylight and there are wacky interspersed bits of Turtle's restaurant, Billy directing a movie, Lloyd's agency and the dog where the neon used to be. No Ari. The final shot, over the "oh yeah" of the theme song are fake credits that say "Produced by Eric "E" Murphy and Ryan Secrest." Fade to black and the actual credits for the series.

It would leave the door open for a movie (the Chase Brothers getting back on top) but also satirize modern Hollywood, the celebrity culture and the reality show trend.

8. Obiwanshinobi

^Would have been totally better than what we got this season.

9. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kind of an odd viewpoint to have on a Star Trek message board.

10. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I did enjoy the ending however I didn't buy the about faces from either Sloan or Mrs. Gold. Why is it that the characters on this show are only believable when men?

Also.. it's interesting that (according to the internets) there's no concrete plans for a follow up film, just a feeling that 'everyone wants to do it'.

Anyway, TV shows these days don't often wrap up nearly everything in a next bow (especially on HBO) so I'm still satisfied.

My wife went on an Entourage bender over the past couple of weeks and I watched (off and on) everything from the beginning. Some bits that I found irritating before (Dom, Vince's very long dry spell for work) weren't so bad the second time around. Still, the show is better when it's a rad party than when everything goes to shit. It's the escapism that I value... although I don't think I'd enjoy being a Hollywood celebrity I think it might be fun to have all girls swooning at me left, right and center at all times.

E's friends never give him enough cred. With the exception of his unhealthy Sloan obsession, he's the only one that ever seems to have a clue of what's going on.