Vin Diesel in Talks to Play Bloodshot in Valiant Comics Movies

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Jan 10, 2018.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was announced yesterday that Vin Dielsel is in talks to play Bloodshot in the upcoming series of movies based on Valiant comics. The Valiant Cinematic Universe (or whatever it ends up being called) was first announced a couple years ago, but this is the first real solid news we've gotten in quite a while.
    Dielsel's Bloodshot movie will be one of the first Valiant movies, along with Harbinger, and then Harbinger Wars (which sounds like it will be their Justice League/Avengers movie).
    The Bloodshot movie is going to be produced by the Fast and Furious series' producer Neal Mortiz, and Valiant's Dinesh Shamdasani, written by Arrival writer Eric Heisserer, and directed by Dave Wilson.
    EDIT: I forgot to mention before that the studio behind these is Sony, and I have to admit, I kind of wish they would just focus on these rather than the non-Spidey Spider-Man movies. I still question if characters like Black Cat, and Silver Sable can really carry their own movies without Spider-Man.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. Skipper

Skipper Commodore Commodore

Everyone wants a new Cinematic Universe... Considering that Valiant characters are virtually unknown to everyone who isn't a comics reader (and really, even a lot of comics reader don't know them), why they even bothered? They could create super-heroes ex-novo.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if someone bought the rights for even more marginal superhero universes...

5. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Isn't Netflix planning on releasing a flood of Mark Millar's crap?

6. Skipper

It's not a shared universe. His most famous works (Kick-ass, Jupiter's Legacy, Secret Service etc) are set in their own universes.

7. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I liked Valiant back in the day when it first launched.
    Could it be a new cinematic universe? Meh. I have my doubts.
    I don't think it's as easy as Marvel has made it look. The DCEU is struggling. Universal's Dark Universe imploded after the first movie.

And the three companies I mentioned all have IP that people have probably heard of... maybe never read a comic, but... sorta know and recognize. But, Eternal Warrior? Archer and Armstrong?

Skipper likes this.
  8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really enjoyed the A&A comics I read, and it sounds like an interesting universe, so I think it has potential, but I don't know if deep diving into a cinematic universe is a good idea. We've already seen more well known like the DCEU and Dark Universe struggle, so I think they'd probably be better off just starting slow with a couple good standalone movies that focused on their own stories rather than setting up a universe. Then, if that's a success build off of it with future movies. While I did enjoy Batman v Superman, I do think trying to jump right off into a set up for the whole universe was a mistake.
    One of the things that I think really worked for the early MCU movies is that they really focused on that movie's character and story, with the MCU elements as a smaller secondary element, rather than their entire focus.

9. Skipper

I totally agree! And what's next? The Dark Horse SuperHero Universe, which lasted, I don't know, 3 years?

10. Professor Zoom

There was a Dark Horse SuperHero Universe?!
    The only Dark Horse movie character I can name is Hellboy, I didn't bother with the last movie.

11. Skipper

Oh yes, I believe the only characters who are at least a little knew are Ghost and X
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Anyway, out there, after the 90s comics bubble, there are a tons of superhero universes. The problem isn't finding an interesting one. It's making a good movie.

12. Professor Zoom

Oh. I misunderstood. I thought you were saying there had been a Dark Horse movie universe.
    When I was at the height of my comic book reading, I wasn't really into Dark Horse. A few titles here and there, but, mostly creator owned stuff.

13. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Valiant's best known character is probably Turok because of the games and they don't even have the rights to him anymore.