Spoilers Vikings Season 5 (spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Unicron, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

New season starts tonight. Should be interesting from the previews.

2. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I'll probably be lagging behind in viewing, what with them kicking it off with four hours of content.

3. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I'm still not sure if the show can move forward without Ragnar. Travis Fimmel's charisma carried the show pretty damn far. Lagertha and Floki are the only characters I really care about, but the focus is going to be on Ragnar's sons. A shame because none of those actors have the gravitas to carry it and certainly not on the same level as Fimmel, Katheryn Winnick and Gustaf SkarsgÄrd.

4. Unicron

We'll have to see. You have a valid point, and one son got killed off last season. I'm interested to see what happens with Floki.

5. The Nth Doctor

Speaking of Floki, do we think he's actually in Asgard or somewhere and he's just hallucinating? If the latter, where then? I thought Ireland at first (if geographically inconvenient) until we saw the volcano. Floki's voyage was just about the only thing I found engaging.

Lagertha's conundrum is rather boring, and while I understood why she did, I thought her fucking of Harald was weird. The rest of the two episodes were rather meh. I'm bored by the Essex adventures and the sons of Ragnar. At least we didn't have to suffer Rollo's times in France. Yet.

I look forward to Bjorn's Mediterranean adventure, but we'll have to wait awhile until he actually gets there, even with the show's liberal use of time passage.

6. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Floki is in Iceland. I expect he's based on the Norse Floki who did discover the place.

7. The Nth Doctor

Ah, yeah, Iceland makes much more sense.

8. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'm used to the male characters raping with abandon, but I didn't expect Lagertha to rape anybody. Plus I think her point was to get herself an orgasm, but get off of him before he did, showing him just what she thought he was good for. :lol:

9. The Nth Doctor

Yeah, I got that it was female dominance play, but it still felt really weird.

10. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

OK, it was only three hours of content...why did they follow-up the two-parter with a repeat of just the second part?

Guess I'm caught up, then.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  11. Unicron

So I'm wondering if Floki is just hallucinating or technically dead. Fun ep though.

12. Forbin

Well, Ivor is certainly a crazy little fucker! :lol:

13. The Nth Doctor

Ummm...you just noticed?! :lol:

14. Forbin

:lol: Well, ESPECIALLY in this ep.
    I loved when he got an arrow in the leg and just looked slightly annoyed that he actually got hit.

15. Unicron

Yeah, Ivar was pretty amusing. Anyone watch Knightfall?

16. Forbin

Yes. My wife even enjoyed it, despite her initial reaction of not wanting to watch two solid hours of historic slaughter. :lol:

137th Gebirg likes this.
  17. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Wow - It was quite amazing to see Ivar sitting there taunting a whole battalion of Saxon troops. His crazed visage even gave the brutal proto-Templar Bishop Heamund pause during their brief exchange. Probably one of the best on-screen examples of the renowned Viking Berserker bloodlust. He's got it down.

Poor Ubbe...Trying to be the peacekeeper to preserve his perception of his father's legacy and getting sent home in disgrace with a minimal crew. Not surprising, though. The show wouldn't be interesting if it was just about a bunch of farmers putzing around the English countryside.

Curious where the Bjorn storyline is going. They're headed for the Mediterranean, but where? Lots of civilizations down there - the preview indicates that he may have actually listened to Sinric's counsel, and presenting themselves as traders rather than raiders to the indigenous population. Quite smart. I wonder how he would react to what Ivar is doing. Ivar clearly doesn't respect his other elder brothers (children of Auslaug), but I think he has a different fear/respect for Bjorn Ironside, being the first true son of Ragnar.

The show is going in a very cool different direction. Didn't know how they would do it without Ragnar around, but they're pulling it off quite well. Was really hoping for at least a brief Ragnar cameo during Floki's "ascension" scenes - would have been quite appropriate for them to greet each other in the afterlife, but from what I understand Travis Fimmel is pretty busy with new projects now and likely doesn't have the time.

And Knightfall - YES! LOVE IT! As a Masonic Knights Templar I'm particularly interested in this show. I love the mysticism and mystery behind it, and even a bit of ritualistic flavor added into the mix that is distinctly Masonic. Since many Masonic scholars hold that Freemasonry in its current form originated with direct influence from the Templars post-exile, it makes perfect sense. I'm truly riveted with this show and hope it lives a good long life like Vikings. It's smart to put it right after the other on the schedule. I think the two shows complement each other quite effectively.

18. Forbin

Lagertha's contented "I know" sigh at Uber saying he'd be working with the woman who killed his mother. My God, I couldn't love Katheryn Winnick more. :adore:

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  19. Forbin

Vikings going to Sicily - I looked at my lovely Sicilian wife and said "I can't decide who would fuck who up more." :lol:

137th Gebirg and The Nth Doctor like this.
  20. The Nth Doctor

Great stuff for Bjorn and Lagertha (I, too, loved that moment between her and Ubbe). I will always love Floki, but I really have no idea where his story. That's probably a good thing.

I really wish the Saxons and the Vikings would just kill each other and get it over with. I'm tired of that whole lot now that Ubbe and Bjorn aren't part of it anymore. And enough of Harald. But at least we still don't have any Rollo.