Viewing Habits

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Eminence, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Eminence

Eminence Fleet Captain

With new trek now not available for what, 2 years or so, I'm curious as to with what frequency people rewatch Star Trek.

I will admit it, I still continue to watch daily, usually at least 2 or 3 episodes -- mostly from Voyager or TNG now; as I have watched DS9 so many times that I don't think there is a single episode where I don't know exactly what's gonna happen next.

I usually watch as soon as I get home too (sad I know). Now that I'm back in school and in class all day long, I usually pop in an episode of Trek on VLC to go along with my dinner. Back when I was in the working world, even then too, after happy hour, dinner drinks, and uh..a late night cap or two, I'd fall asleep to a couple episodes of Trek variation.

What do you think? Star Trek everyday, a bit much or should I go ahead and engage the next episode?

2. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Are you neglecting your family?
    Do you make time for real people?
    If the answers are no and yes.... go ahead and watch. :)

3. Eminence

Eminence Fleet Captain

There aren't a whole lot of real people in my life right now, per se...I just went back to school recently (already had a college education/career, changing careers now), so most of the time, it's better that i park my happy self at home, alone, trying to study rather than be out and about. And when I'm at home, I inevitably watch Star Trek.

You were probably just being rhetorical anyhow (sorry, sometimes my sense of humor really is like early TNG Data's), but thanks for the check.

In any case I was more curious of other's viewing habits. Still watching? Some of the episodes are classic, timeless even.

4. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

I must confess that I'd don't watch alot of Star Trek anymore, unless it is DS9. And even that I only watch every so often as I have the whole thing practically memorized.

I don't care much for TNG anymore. And I never cared all that much for ENT. I like TOS and VOY okay, but never seem to feel like watching them. So I mainly watch DS9, if/when I watch Star Trek.

Although a few weeks ago I did watch an episode of ENT while jogging on my treadmill. There was nothing else on and even a random episode of ENT is better than staring at the wall for 45 minutes.

5. Sisu

Sisu Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Depends on the wall.....

6. K-Star

K-Star Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I watched all of season 3 of TNG over Thanksgiving break. Two episodes early in the week, and the rest within the last three days (I know I watched at least seven episodes in one sitting... probably Thanksgiving night when I was supposed to have gone to bed. I did go to bed, but didn't go to sleep till 4am cuz I was watching TNG on my laptop.)

7. CMO_Bev_Crusher

CMO_Bev_Crusher Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I don't think its over doing it. Star Trek is my happy place. If it make you happy, and your still doing other stuff every so often. Why should it be a problem?

8. Elim

Elim Ensign Newbie

After the last episode of season 3 of Lost, I asked myself what to do with the long wait till February. I then decided to start a Star trek collection. I haven't seen Star Trek in a long time and, what's more important, never original, imagine that! Nowadays I don't own a tv anymore, because I don't watch anything dubbed anymore. More than half the experience is lost if the voices are wrong. And I really do have the habit of falling for voices like others fall for looks (well, I do that too *g*).

So I am basically still in my first real run of ST. Currently Voyager s2 and Enterprise s2, which I've never seen at all before.

My viewing habits are: one episode for every meal, at least. :D
    I am single and at home, but my "Star Trek family" keeps me nice company. I guess, they are my happy place, too. And I find nothing wrong with that. I also don't have a lot of friends, but I don't feel lonely as long as there's something good to immerse myself in. I guess one becomes a bit peculiar if one has few rl contacts. But who cares? ;)

Oh, and right now I couldn't care less about Lost, lol.
    I guess, I'll start my personal reruns after I'm through - by that time I'll have the remastered TOS and that's a very good way to start over.

:cardie:

9. brandnewfan

brandnewfan Commander Red Shirt

I've been Netflixing Voyager, so I've been watching a lot lately.

10. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

There actually are other TV shows I like besides Trek. When I want to sit and watch something I choose from the stack of DVDs of:
    Miami Vice
    Mission impossible
    Wild Wild West
    Hawaii 5-0
    Hogan's Heroes
    Get Smart
    The Flash
    The Protectors
    Captain Scarlet
    Johnny Quest
    The Avengers
    Superman (George Reeves)
    Farscape
    Babylon 5
    Starsky & Hutch
    La Femme Nikita
    Xena
    Rat Patrol
    and others.

I do pull out a TOS or TNG upon occasion, but I've seen them all recently enough that I prefer to watch something I haven't seen in a decade or so. Watching a 1st season Mission Impossible of 5-0, which I haven't seen in 40 years, is like seeing a whole new TV show!

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Since they stopped showing TNG on Spike I have actually stopped watching Trek (Ds9 is on while I'm in class, and I've gotten tired of Voy) for the first time in 5-10 years. Although I did watch 12 hrs of the ENT marathon on Sci-fi Friday ( I watched so many because they were almost all Season 4 and I haven't seen those since it's breif syndacation run). I did actually thought about popping one of the movies into my DVD player Sat. but I never actually got around to it.

12. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Well, actually, I wasn't being rhetorical. If you had a wife and kids who were being neglected, I would say cut back on the TV. But if it's just a diversion while you're living alone and working on school or holding a job, then that's probably fine.

For myself, I watch Trek if I happen to come across it during channel surfing. I do own ENT and TOS on DVD. Don't watch them over and over and over again, tho' I will occasionally get in the mood for a specific episode.

13. Garth Rockett

Garth Rockett Commodore Commodore

I have difficulty watching it on TV since the advent of DVD (even though I haven't yet bought all the DVD sets). Over the last year I've been watching it fairly regularly, but I go through period we're all watch at least a couple of episodes a week for a couple of years, and then not watch any for a year or more. For example, I didn't watch any Trek after ENT ended until TAS came out on DVD (from May 2005 to November 2006), but I've been watching it regularly since then.

I may take a break some time next year, we'll see. If I do, it will probably be a short one since the new movie will no doubt put me in a Trek mood.

14. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I recently re-watched the TNG episodes featuring the Borg ("Q Who?", "Best of Both Worlds" and "I, Borg") and FC. Not all in one sitting, of course, but throughout the course of a few days. I also caught some of the ENT marathon the day after Thanksgiving - watched maybe two episodes. Thankfully the marathon was mostly season 4, which I consider to be its strongest year.

I typically don't watch much Trek these days. I have all 7 seasons of TNG and all 7 seasons of DS9 on DVD but rarely pull them out.

15. Balthier the Great

Balthier the Great Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I tend to catch Tos on my day off. I don't really need a DVD collection, 'cause useally I can find something Trek on. But I've seen so many of them so many times that I know what'll happen next.

16. Apogeal Alpha01

Apogeal Alpha01 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Can we quote you? "Enterprise, better than a wall." :D

17. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been watching TNG mostly. Might catch an episode of DS9 every now and then, but it's just been TNG lately.

18. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Once in a while. I sometimes catch Enterprise on Sci-Fi these days. Been a while since I watched Voyager, ages since I saw DS9 and TNG. Once in a while, I find a TOS episode. I think I have TNG season seven on my Netflix queue. But won't get it for a while.

19. igrokbok

igrokbok Commodore Commodore

TOS reamstered every Sat afternoon at 5. Also a friend of mind just bought the HD remastered first season of Star Trek and I'll be borrowing them for at least a couple of episodes a month...they look absolutely gorgeous.

20. Apogeal Alpha01

Apogeal Alpha01 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I watch an episode of DS9 at least once a week, most months. Every couple of years, I go on hiatus and watch only first run shows, and then a thread in the DS9 forum will spark my interest again and I binge! :D