USS Kirk

Nike

Lieutenant
Red Shirt
If he’s such a legend, why are there no ships named for Kirk. Or Spock. Instead, they just recycle names of old ships. We’ll see the USS Voyager-Z before the Kirk.

I thnk he meant, do doctors and engineers get ships named after them.

Which is entirely possible. McCoy and Scotty are decorated Starfleet veterans with decades of service to Starfleet. They've more than earned the right.

For example I can totally see a USS McCoy as a medical transport/hospital ship...

If he’s such a legend, why are there no ships named for Kirk. Or Spock. Instead, they just recycle names of old ships. We’ll see the USS Voyager-Z before the Kirk.

Starfleet has eight billion ships, just because we haven’t heard a name doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

Isn’t the a ship named after Kirk in the 32nd century?

I thnk he meant, do doctors and engineers get ships named after them.

Which is entirely possible. McCoy and Scotty are decorated Starfleet veterans with decades of service to Starfleet. They've more than earned the right.

For example I can totally see a USS McCoy as a medical transport/hospital ship...

Well, there was the Pasteur. (At least in one timeline.)

McCoy was an admiral by the start of TNG. Scotty was a captain when he disappeared.
Those are just ranks. He could be a surgeon general and not get a ship. Most admirals don’t.
I’m not saying that they don’t deserve their own ships, but Kirk definitely does.

Starfleet has eight billion ships, just because we haven’t heard a name doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist
We might not have heard of one if Starfleet named it. But it’s actually the production staff that names ships IRL, and if they name one, we hear about it.

Back