Useless security mooks?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Odon, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Odon

Odon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is it just me, or is the only function of security personnel on Voyager to stand in the 'at ease' position waiting for the person they're guarding to knock/stun them senseless? How many times did this happen? I remember one in "Displaced", and Seven knocked out Harry and a security mook in "The Gift". Any were there any exceptions (besides scenes involving Tuvok of course)?

2. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Well, at least they weren't killed off as blatantly as their redshirted ancestors. You know, every episode. :D

3. c0rnedfr0g

c0rnedfr0g Commodore Commodore

If they had been, Voyager would have nobody left except the main cast!

4. Cicero

Cicero Admiral Admiral

Wasn't there an analysis which concluded that one of the other colors was actually more dangerous to wear?

5. jongredic

jongredic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Voyager had a respawning pod somewhere on the ill-conceived Deck 15. It's why the crew complement bounces between 140 and 150 from season to season. I think they used a Borg baby to power it... :shifty:

6. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You don't seem aware, but there's a reason that babies never stayed long on Voyager.

7. jongredic

jongredic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ :guffaw: LOL!

That's just made my day! BEST... VIDEO... EVER!

8. Lucy of Nine

Lucy of Nine Commander Red Shirt

9. 2 of 10

2 of 10 Captain Captain

Speaking of useless security people, how many other people only appeared on Voyager. In "Homestead" when Neelix is walking to the shuttle bay the entire crew lines the hallways to honor him. I have the DVD and have gone through that scene several times and there are only a few crewmembers who I had seen in previous episodes. You're right, there seems to be a revolving door for once seen and never seen again
    crewmembers...

Resistance is Futile