Upcoming Author Signing Events Thread

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by trampledamage, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Public appearance alert. I'll be a featured guest at Honor Con in Raleigh, NC this coming October.

http://www.honorcon.org/

2. JJMiller

JJMiller Writer Red Shirt

Mentioned I was appearing before, but I can add that we'll have at least one Trek-related panel on Saturday at Dodecacon in Columbia, MO, this weekend, plus the panel on my upcoming work.

3. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

Sorry I must have missed your original post about Dodecacon (great name for a convention, btw) - I've added it to the list now. I hope you have a good time :techman:

4. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

Reminder: I'll be appearing at New York Comic Con the weekend of October 6–9. Most of my signings will be at the WordFire Press pavilion with Kevin J. Anderson and his crew, but there might be a signing at the S&S pavilion on Sunday afternoon 10/9. I'll share more info as it becomes available.

5. JJMiller

My New York schedule is now available. I'll be doing eight signings for four publishers, and I'll also be moderating a panel at Book Con, the convention's sister show devoted to fiction. And in addition to that, we'll have the world premiere of Star Trek: Prey Book 2: The Jackal's Trick at the Simon & Schuster booth. My schedule:

THURSDAY, OCT. 6
    1 p.m.
    Dark Horse
    signing with the Halo team behind Halo: Tales from Slipspace, Booth 1636

4 p.m.
    Wordfire Press
    booth signing, Booth 1232

FRIDAY, OCT. 7
    1 p.m.
    Simon & Schuster
    booth, signing Star Trek Prey Books 1 and 2 and Halo: Fractures, Booth 2128

4 p.m.-6 p.m.
    Wordfire Press

SATURDAY, OCT. 8
    11 p.m.
    PANEL
    at BookCon: "Nostalgia and Reboots in Literature." I'm moderating this one, with Max Brallier, Elizabeth Eulberg, Gareth Hinds, Christina Henry, Jonathan Maberry, and Paul Tremblay. BookCon takes place at the Hudson Mercantile Exchange located on 36th and 10th Ave., two blocks directly up from the Javits Center.
    [​IMG]
    12:15 p.m.
    Signing at BookCon:
    This takes place with the above authors in the autograph area at BookCon.

2 p.m.-3 p.m.
    Wordfire Press

4 p.m.-5p.m.
    Star Wars Booth Signing for Del Rey
    with James Luceno: Free copies of Star Wars: A New Dawn will be available, as will a poster for James's new book Star Wars: Catalyst.

SUNDAY, OCT. 9
    11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
    Wordfire Press

The weekend after, I'll be talking Star Trek, Star Wars, and Halo and signing at the Barnes & Noble in Grand Chute/Appleton, Wisconsin, at 5:30 p.m. We'll also be doing gaming afterward at 7 as part of the chain's National Game Night.

6. James Swallow

James Swallow Writer Captain

FYI, I'll be appearing at Destination Star Trek Europe next weekend, at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham.

Right now, the plan is for me to be on the Voyager Stage on Saturday 8th October from 2.45pm to 3.20pm, along with Jon Van Citters of CBS and Chris Cooper of Star Trek Magazine to talk about "Star Trek in print and the world of the novels".

Right after the panel, I'll be off to the retail area to sign books and I'm told there will be copies of The Latter Fire, Sight Unseen and The Poisoned Chalice for purchase there - but I'm happy to sign any of my stuff!

Other bits of the schedule are still in flux, but I may also be doing something with the Eaglemoss team on Saturday or Sunday.

Full event timetable is here.

7. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

UPDATED INFORMATION:

If you're coming to NYCC this weekend, I will be signing EXCLUSIVELY at the WordFire Press pavilion, Booth #1232. Here are my scheduled signing times:

Thursday, 6 October 2016
    2pm–3pm

Friday, 7 October 2016
    4pm–5pm

Saturday, 8 October 2016
    2pm–3pm

There will be pre-signed copies of my novel Best Defense for sale at the Simon & Schuster pavilion. Also, if you bring copies of my work to the show, be they Star Trek, 24, or whatever, I will gladly sign them free of charge — EXCLUSIVELY at the WordFire Press pavilion, Booth #1232.

Also be sure to catch my turn on the NYCC Live Stage on SUNDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2:30pm–3pm, when I'll be talking about "Writing for Star Trek" alongside PETER DAVID and MICHAEL JAN FRIEDMAN!

8. James Swallow

A quick update about my appearances at Destination Star Trek Europe this weekend!

Saturday 8th October
    2:50pm-3:20pm - PUBLISHING TREK - Voyager Stage
    Host: Chris Cooper, Editor at Star Trek Magazine with James Swallow & John Van Citters
    "A closer look at Star Trek in print and the world of the novels"

4:30pm-5:30pm - BOOK SIGNING - All The Cool Stuff stand, retail area
    I'll be signing copies of The Latter Fire, Sight Unseen and The Poisoned Chalice (or anything else you might have for me!)

Sunday 9th October
    10:10am-11:10am - STAR TREK COMICS - Voyager Stage
    Host: Ben Robinson, editor at Eaglemoss with James Swallow
    "Discussing Star Trek comics past and future, and the new Star Trek Graphic Novels Collection."

9. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I'm fairly sure I've met youefore at an event, though I think that might have been several years ago.

10. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In case anyone is interested this can be watched live on Twitch in about an hour:

https://www.facebook.com/TheDavidMack/posts/10154145511099005

ETA:
    Apparently David (Mack) won't make it due to the NY subway system not being able to deal with rain. :cardie::eek:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  11. JJMiller

12. Greg Cox

13. JJMiller

This Saturday, I'll be signing PREY — as well as my new HALO and my reprinted MASS EFFECT graphic novels — at House of Heroes Comics & Games in Oshkosh from 1-4. Free Halo promo prints from Dark Horse Comics while supplies last.

14. JJMiller

And my last event of the year is this weekend at Paradise City Comic Con in Fort Lauderdale; I'm at the Wordfire Press booth, #1500, and also have multiple panels scheduled here.

I will also be the guest for the hour December 22 on Route 51, on select Wisconsin Public Radio stations, live at 10 a.m. They're happy to take questions and calls whether you're in the listening area or not; the show's contact info is here.

15. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I’m going to be at Joseph-Beth Booksellers in Cincinnati’s Rookwood Pavilion for a book signing and discussion event next month. Here’s their events page with the announcement:

http://www.josephbeth.com/AdultEvents.aspx

I figured that, since Star Trek: The Original Series — The Face of the Unknown and my Analog novelette “Twilight’s Captives” were both coming out around the same time, it would be a good opportunity for a signing, and the folks at Joseph-Beth agreed. It’ll begin at 7 PM on Thursday, January 26th at 2692 Madison Road in Rookwood Pavilion (directions are here). This will be my first signing at J-B since the one I did for Only Superhuman three years before. I’ll be talking about the new book and story and answering questions, so hopefully my voice will be in better shape than it was last time. I expect there will be copies of some of my older books available as well.

16. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

Sorry for the lack of updates - will try to get it done more often in 2017!

Happy New Year everyone :)

Jinn likes this.
  17. Greg Cox

Public appearance alert! I will be signing copies of THE LIBRARIANS AND THE LOST LAMP at The Maroon Hornet comic-book shop in Oxford, PA tomorrow night at 6 pm, as part of the town's First First art stroll.

18. James Swallow

A quick post about a signing I'm doing in London this Saturday...

[​IMG]

19. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

A reminder to anyone in the Cincinnati area -- my Face of the Unknown signing at Joseph-Beth Booksellers is tonight at 7 PM!

20. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Too early to ask who is signing at the NYCC?