Unmade Star Trek Movies

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Danlav05, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

We know of a few of them - Planet of the Titans, The God Thing & The Billion Year Voyage before TMP was made; an unmade TNG movie by Maurice Hurley, Brent Spiner's Trek 11, The First Adventure, The Beginning and even Rob Orci's unmade threequel (which supposedly would have featured the return of William Shatner as Kirk Prime); but from what we do know would any of them have been any good!? Did any of the ideas bare any interest to you at all?

2. USS Belmont

USS Belmont Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The unmade TNG movie by Maurice Hurley would have featured Picard interacting with the TOS crew via the holodeck while facing a crisis. Given how bad "These are the voyages" turned out, I don't see how Picard interacting with holographic TOS crew would have been any good...

Jedman67 and KennyB like this.
  3. Firebird

Firebird Commodore Commodore

On the Cinerama screen, in glorious Technicolor.
    I'm still amazed Berman even got Hurley to pen any script for Star Trek after he left the series. From what I've read, Maurice didn't exactly leave the show on the best of terms, as his interviews in Chaos on the Bridge would suggest.

4. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

The God Thing might have been pretty cool.

Harve Bennett's Academy Years story sounded good.

5. BigDaveX

BigDaveX Captain Captain

Hurley's disputes seem to have been with Roddenberry rather than Berman, judging by the fact that Hurley did eventually come back as a freelancer and write a few more episodes once Roddenberry was largely out of the picture, and Michael Piller was the one running the writing staff.

Speaking of Piller, I seem to recall that prior to Insurrection's release Berman had asked him for an outline for a story that would have a direct follow-up to the events of that film, but it ended up being scrapped fairly quickly.

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Walter Koenig's Star Trek VI: In Flanders Fields interested me because of the finality of it. Here's all I could find on it, but I know there's a more detailed synopsis out there somewhere.

The academy one is the one I'd be most interested in seeing, because it was so controversial at the time and to see how it stacks up against the 2009 reboot which covers much of the same territory.

7. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

Very interesting I had not heard of this before. The one thing that got me was:
    story by Walter Koenig
    transcripted by David Chappell
    Capture.PNG

8. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

Interesting...but seems highly unrefined.

Still...would have made potentially a more interesting "Star Trek VI" than what was filmed.

9. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In Flanders Fields sounds somewhat like ST Beyond.

10. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I would have liked to have seen that.

11. USS Belmont

USS Belmont Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

This may not qualify as unmade Star Trek movie, but wasn't there a time when the TOS cast were planning to get together to do a modern-day Holmesian murder mystery movie with them playing completely different characters?