Uniform Groups / Clubs / Forums?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Scribble, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Scribble

Scribble Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I really didn't know where to post this, but since my main goal is to make a TWOK uniform, I was wondering where some good resources and support groups might be. Google only seems to come up with dead forums, and facebook only has a couple of costuming (cosplay? Bah, humbug!) groups and I'm awaiting admission to both, but...Facebook. No organization whatsoever.

If this should be in Fan Productions, please feel free to move it there. I wasn't sure.

2. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Perhaps these videos can help.

3. Scribble

I'll check them out. I'd really like to be able to discuss things and get knowledgeable support, though.

I have most of what I need (patterns, pins, belt buckle, even the shoulder clasp, but I need information on the chain, which seems to have completely disappeared from the face of the planet other than a few references on dead forums.

Is there a reason it's not available other than on a $1.xK jacket reproduction that is also out of production?

4. CaptainMurdock

Unfortunately I wouldn't be one to lend such support but when I saw your post I immediately thought of those videos.I hope they help you with what you need.

5. Scribble

I didn't mean to sound ungrateful. :)

I will watch those videos. Nice choice of division, too!

CaptainMurdock likes this.
  6. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Premium Member

I'm not sure what groups you Googled up, but in case you haven't come across it, this one has a lot of threads and some fairly recent activity:
    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/starfleet1701st/

Scribble likes this.
  7. CaptainMurdock

No worries, I never saw your post as ungrateful. :)

Scribble likes this.
  8. Scribble

Sorry for my late reply...Yeah, that's the one I posted to and there has yet to be a reply. Most of the threads seem to be aging, not that there's much new information on older uniforms, lately, but I was hoping for some tips on my own questions.