Unidentified sports teams from Voyager episodes

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Laura Cynthia Chambers, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Laura Cynthia Chambers

Laura Cynthia Chambers Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Can anyone identify the sports teams in these images from Voyager?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

One of the football teams is Baylor, but who are the other teams?

2. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

1- basket or handball
    2 - US football
    3- hockey

For the 2nd question, I don't know (screen captures are not very clear). :shrug:

3. Laura Cynthia Chambers

I already knew what sports they were playing. What I wanted to know is which teams were in each game? Might the blue hockey team, for instance, be the Toronto Maple Leafs?

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

What episode is that from?

5. Laura Cynthia Chambers

The basketball game and football game are from "11:59" (set in the year 2000), while the hockey game is from "Memorial" (one of the shows on Tom's replicated television set which B'elanna gave him in 2376.

6. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My, you have to have good eyes to put a name on the teams! :crazy:

7. marsh8472

marsh8472 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There's a mention of hogs in the background so I'm thinking the other football team is the arkansas razorbacks. Assuming it is the Baylor Bears, I see a number 27 player that appears to have the name "Kaylor"? I'm sure someone can figure this out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  8. marsh8472

Based on the references to "Hogs" in the background and color of the uniforms it looks like the game is of them playing an old rival of theirs called the Arkansas Razorbacks. Those 2 teams stopped playing each other in 1991. It was probably a game being played in Baylor's stadium so one of their away games listed here: http://www.winsipedia.com/games/arkansas/vs/baylor Some roster information is available on this site https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/arkansas/1984-roster.html I thought that was the quarterback with the #8 Jersey there but I've been looking at their quarterbacks. I'm thinking it's just a receiver now. Anyway I could try posting the 5 second video clip on the fan sites of both teams and see if someone knows.

http://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=667801 (asking razorback fans about it)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  9. Laura Cynthia Chambers

Wow, I didn't see that, but then I was looking at the still shots. Nice catch. :)

10. marsh8472

I think we can rule out the 1988 game. I'm not seeing any razorbacks with a jersey number 8 in that one. All we have to do is find clips of season games in each of the possible years this game could have occurred.

11. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks like basketball, American Football and Ice Hockey to me.

12. marsh8472

I think it's quarterback Greg Thomas #8, the game took place in 1986 if that's the case. It's the only game where he played in the Baylor stadium

13. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

The hockey game I’ve wondered whether it was one of the 1972 Canada-Soviet Union games.

14. Neelix02

Neelix02 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Why don't you ask the man himself and send a tweet to Brannon Braga? He last answered a Voyager fan question on Aug 26., so it's possible he can give you a clue

15. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

I believe that was the Zanarkand Abes vs the Besaid Aurochs. Could be wrong.