UK Blu Ray Question

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Methuselah Flint, May 19, 2018.

1. Methuselah Flint

Methuselah Flint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hi guys,

Am I right in thinking that the individual, movie-length DVDs of the two-parters were only available in the US? I.e. only the season sets are available here in the UK?

Thanks in advance!

2. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Not sure about the UK, but we did get the two-parter blu-rays in Germany, which makes me think they were available in the UK as well.

3. Methuselah Flint

I take it the season sets are the same accross the board?

4. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

I believe they are, yes.

5. Methuselah Flint

6. Methuselah Flint

What extras feature on the individual discs that don't appear on the season sets?

7. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

They are interviews exclusive to the episode. So for example, you have about 30 minutes of "new" interviews concerning Best Of Both Worlds, and it is just about Best of Both Worlds. The season sets "new" interviews discuss the season as a whole.

Plus on the single disc sets the 2 parters are edited as a whole 90 minute presentation (for the ones that originally aired in 2-parts the opening credits have been removed from part 2 and the opening credits at the beginning of Part 1 have been updated to include the Part 2 information): Encounter At Farpoint (on the Next Level disc) and All Good Things are in their original 2-hour edits.

8. StalwartUK

StalwartUK Captain Captain

The "Next Level" and BOBW discs were released in the UK. None of the others were, though they were all released in Germany, which may or may not prove to be a cheaper option, if you don't mind the packaging not being in English.

9. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

BOBW comes with a commentary track.

10. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

If they're not region coded the alternative would be to buy the US discs.

11. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

They aren't region locked.

12. Methuselah Flint

Are the deleted scenes only on the single discs?

13. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

The BOBW disc has a Gag Reel in HD of just BOBW bloopers, Unification has a Deleted Scene, Redemption has none, Chain of Command has some, All Good THings also has a few (all in HD).

The season sets do have deleted scenes, although for the first 3 seasons its mostly Gag Reels with a few scenes that were found on VHS tapes thrown in. Although, Measure Of A Man not only got upgraded, but was restored to its original first cut with new SFX in HD (although there is a hybrid version where they took the HD of the broadcast and cut in the deleted scenes from a VHS that Melissa Snodgrass had---there are no new SFX in this version and the audio has been stripped to make it sound like a rough cut version where all you essentially have are the voices of the actors, and in the case of a call from the bridge, the onset script supervisor is heard reading the lines). Seasons 4-7 have more deleted scenes, and they are all with their respective episodes.

14. Methuselah Flint

Great! Well I've gone ahead and purchased the complete set. Sounds like the only things I'm really missing is a few deleted scenes from Unification, Chain Of Command and All Good Things. I guess I can always get the individual ones later if I want.

15. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They were released in America, Germany and Australia. But not the UK.

16. The Laughing Vulcan

The Laughing Vulcan Admiral Admiral

The season sets have making of documentaries on the final disc of each collection usually split into 3 parts.

Season 4 is a bit of a pooch screw in that it has Parts 1 and 2 of the making of documentary, but if you want Part 3 you have to buy the Redemption stand alone movie disc. I didn't want to watch it badly enough to buy it, and have just stuck with the season collection.