UFO sightings bring town to a standstill

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by 137th Gebirg, Jul 25, 2007.

1. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Article here.

A member of the British Earth Aerial Mystery Society (BEAMS) said this, which struck me in particular:
    We do seem to be seeing an overall increase in UFO sightings in recent years, probably due to the propensity of cell phone cameras and other similar devices that have become more mainstream than before. I can't help wondering, though, if there is also an increase in UFO activity for some unknown purpose. If these things are a new type of government tech, why brazenly fly about for all to see? It's just too weird, albeit somewhat entertaining.

2. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

137th, could you check that link again, please? Neither the hyperlink, nor the text presented have the correct URL.

3. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

4. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

That "follow up" was from 2006.

5. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

My mistake -- that link has now been deleted.

6. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

7. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

I watched the video. Typical that the drinkers were busy partying instead of looking. How are they supposed to dodge the 'laser beams' if they don't see them coming.

Too bad the air force didn't know about them and go check it out. It would have been neat to see any reaction from the objects.

8. Bill Morris

Bill Morris Commodore Commodore

One possible hoax scenario would be that someone attached battery-powered or chemical lights to helium-filled balloons a few miles away. I was at party in San Francisco years ago at which someone did that with plastic tubes tied to balloons, and they were visible in the night sky from where we were for an hour or so.

9. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

Looks to me like a group hoax, the lot of them were in on it and all they done is load the picture into Paint and put 5 white dots on the black background.
    Some people will do anything for a laugh or to get a story in the paper.
    :rolleyes:

10. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

The image in the link isn't a photograph. It's a still from the video, which can be found on that page. ;)

11. BCI

BCI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The tantalizing prospect of human operated anti-gravity devices... Fake or true?

12. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

By the description, it would seem at least one of the objects did not behave like a balloon, although I imagine that if it was much closer to the observers than the others and moving in their direction, one might interpret the object of having a high initial speed and then slowing to join the others.

13. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes. They're warming us up for their grand entrance.

14. Good

Good Commander Red Shirt

Umm . . . have any of you actually watched the video? It's obviously a few helicoptors or planes flying in formation. Take a minute to actually watch what's going on. The objects never "stop" or "hover in place." They are always moving left to right and slightly away from the camera.

Use your monkey brains people. Match what you see on the film with the description in the article. Look at the true crowd reaction. Observe that the main focus of the "news source" seems to be stories about Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears and other tripe. Occam's razor people! The simplest explanation is probably true.

15. BCI

BCI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ask your friends how many have seen a UFO. I bet someone has, maybe even a skeptic.