TV--July Premiere Dates

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Barbados Slim, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Barbados Slim

Barbados Slim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

From AICN:

And here I was thinking there was nothing on TV this summer. I don't know a lot of these shows but I'm glad to see Leverage and Entourage back.

And we're getting some sci-fi, although Stargate Universe was originally going to be a July premiere before it was pushed to October. I'm interested in Warehouse 13. I read the pilot script and it's highly derivative but if the leads are charming it'll be fun. Plus there's new Eureka, which I don't watch but people love. What I do love is new TORCHWOOD! plus the Doctor Who: Planet of the Dead with Michelle Ryan is July 27. And Being Human looks really interesting. I thought it was a sitcom but it looks like a horror/drama. Either way, I'll check it out.

Non-sci there's 10 Things I Hate About You. I liked the movie so I'll check out the pilot but I have very low expectations. I met a girl who works as a stand-in for the lead and she said it's a pretty good show. I also want to see Dark Blue with Dylan McDermott and super-duper fly Nicki Aycox despite having the same name as that awful Kurt Russell/LA Riots movie. And Michael and Michael Have Issues has two out of the three Stella guys, the third now a big-time director after Role Models hit big.

And then there's a bunch of crap reality. I can't imagine anyone watching Big Brother still but my big brother does. And someone on the internet somewhere nicknamed More to Love "The Fatchelor" which I think is hysterical.

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Eureka is the 10th not the 9th. It's on Friday.

3. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

The only one I'll be watching of those is Big Brother. I keep watching because it remains entertaining every year, and it's not like there's much better on during the summer.

4. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'll check out Warehouse 13, but I have a strong feeling it'll be another 20-minutes-and-I'm-bored situation for me.

I guess I'm spending a lot of time outdoors this summer. :rommie:

5. Barbados Slim

The pilot was co-written by Jane Espenson which is why I read it. I was surprised by the lack of originality in the story. But the humor might work if the actors are funny. Trouble is the lead characters are the same archetype as every other show like this since moonlighting: The no-nonsense, play by the rules female reluctantly paired up with the troublemaking rebel who is ruled by his instincts. Sexual tension to follow. So I think you might be right on that 20 minutes and then you'll get that Bones/Castle/X-Files feeling.

6. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

The only things on that list that even mildly interest me are Eureka and the Torchwood miniseries.

Eureka is OK, nothing terrific, but my hubby likes it. Torchwood was pretty good last season, so I'm hoping the upcoming miniseries will be even better.

7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Eureka (SciFi) July 9

Wrong, it's on Syfy. :lol:

Also there are 5 copies of the pilot script of Warehouse 13. Jane Espenson did an interview and she said they didn't know if they used what she wrote or not and couldn't answer the questions about the show until she sees the final version.

8. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

Entourage! *wishes she had HBO* :(

Can't wait for Torchwood! I'm so excited about that one. :D

I might check out Warehouse 13, though I'm not totally sure.

I have a friend who worked on the T.O. Show, so that might be a group get-together night. :D

9. Barbados Slim

Here's some information about NBC's The Wanted, which premieres July 20 and is not on the list:

Count me in for some of that.

10. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

You just convinced me not even to give it 20 minutes. Lost cause, okay. ;)

11. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

There's not even a page for "Meteor" on IMDB.com. Odd, so close to premiere.

12. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

And that's when I decided not to watch it.

13. HIj'Qa

HIj'Qa Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Skiffy is airing the heck out of the two hour pilot - not only on Skiffy, but also Bravo and USA network.

Warehouse 13 Pilot
    Tue 7/7 9:00-11:04pm 64 SCIFI
    Tue 7/7 11:04-1:09am 64 SCIFI
    Thu 7/9 12:03-2:02am 64 SCIFI
    Fri 7/10 10:00-12:00pm 45 BRAVO
    Fri 7/10 4:00-6:00pm 64 SCIFI
    Sat 7/11 12:00-2:00am 38 USA
    Sun 7/12 11:30-1:30pm 64 SCIFI
    Sun 7/12 11:00-1:00am 64 SCIFI
    Mon 7/13 2:00-4:00pm 64 SCIFI
    Tue 7/14 6:00-8:00pm 64 SCIFI

That can't be good.

14. Barbados Slim

What is the T.O. Show? Is that Run's House but with Terrell Owens?

15. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Warehouse 13 looks amusing. I like Eddie McClintock and his partner was Bianca from The Dresden Files. She was smokin' hot in that show, so I'll give this one a try :)

16. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll be watching Warehouse 13, Eureka and Torchwood. The only other new shows I've been watching this month is the Daily Show, Colbert Report and Wipeout.

17. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes, she certainly was! She's almost too hot to be a Secret Service agent. Almost. :)

18. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

That's not a bad thing at all--that means is they're trying to get it out there for people to see it. I might check it out if I have time!

I think so...I'm not totally sure. I admit I didn't know who Terrell Owens was until my friend got the job on the show. :o