Trial & Error: New NBC Comedy Starring John Lithgow

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Romulan_spy, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Has anyone seen the new comedy called "Trial & Error"?

Here is the blurb:
    In this outrageous fish-out-of-water comedy, Josh Segal (Nicholas D'Agosto), a bright-eyed New York lawyer, heads to a tiny Southern town for his first big case. His mission? To defend an eccentric "rollercizing" poetry professor (John Lithgow) accused of the bizarre murder of his beloved wife. Settling into his makeshift office behind a taxidermy shop and meeting his quirky team of local misfits, Josh suspects that winning his first big case will not be easy - especially when his client is always making himself look guilty.

You can watch it on the NBC website or on Hulu here: https://www.hulu.com/trial-and-error

I watched the first two eps. It is a very funny show. If you like weird and quirky, you will love this show.

2. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I was surprised I hadn't heard of this one. Usually I pay attention to new shows premiering each season, even the winter/spring premieres, but I have heard nothing about this show. I finally saw a commercial for it last week, and so I watched this week's episode, the third one. It wasn't as laugh-out-loud funny as some other comedies I enjoy (Blackish, The Good Place), but it was good enough to convince me to go back and watch the first two episodes. Quirky is definitely a good word to describe it.

3. wayoung

wayoung Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We're watching it. It's an enjoyable parody of all the true crime shows lately. Could be better, could be worse. I'm disappointed in Lithgow. He's just playing Dick Solomon on trial. The prosecutor is the stand out so far.

4. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I'll probably check it out for Lithgow alone. Is it a single camera show?

5. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

She's actually my least favorite character, I'm not finding her very funny, unless we're talking about a different person - the prosecutor is the redhead, correct?

The standout for me is the sidekick Dwayne. He's a complete idiot, but in a sadly believable way.

Romulan_spy likes this.
  6. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, he is funny. He is basically the stereotypical southern redneck. But I also love the secretary with all her weird medical conditions. She instantly forgets faces, she laughs at sad things and faints when she sees works of art.