Trek Twelve Days of Christmas '09, eBook Submissions

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by SLWalker, Jul 1, 2009.

1. SLWalker

SLWalker The OG Scotty Fangirl Premium Member

Second Round eBook Submissions for the Trek Twelve Days of Christmas, 2009!

For some quick background: The Trek Twelve Days of Christmas is an annual project for fans, by fans. A group of us get together in order to offer up a number of 'gifts' to Star Trek fandom come the holidays, everything from audio-dramas, to fanzines, to games, to animations. You name it. The idea is basically just to give to the community. It's all volunteer work (and quite a bit of it), and it's been a hit for the past two years.

Having gained four wonderful eBooks by four of Trek fandom's finest for '09, which are in production now, those of us working on the Trek Twelve Days of Christmas for 2009 are now calling for the second round submissions. Here's the deal:

What we're looking for...
    1.) All submissions must be novel length (50,000+) and finished. Any series, including original crews and the new movie-verse, are welcome.
    2.) Submissions must be reasonably sound in grammar, spelling, pacing and characterization.
    3.) While we don't bar R or NC-17 rated novels, we do prefer that submissions are geared towards holding a broad appeal. While many people enjoy adult-rated stories, we really do like to keep it more 'family friendly'. Each case, though, is judged independently.
    4.) Letters of interest should be sent to watson_stephanie (at) yahoo (dot) com.
    5.) We're going to be accepting between four and six more books for this.

What you get in return...
    1.) A professionally formatted and edited eBook. As in, as good as you'd find in a bookstore, except electronic. This includes custom covers, as well.
    2.) A broad exposure to a very wide audience, including many you may not have known even existed.
    3.) Bragging rights! Or, just the warm, fuzzy feeling of knowing that your book will be carried around by many people with their portable readers come the holidays.
    4.) Promotion on many, many sites across the Trek fandom.

So, please feel free to send a letter of interest, and we'll work from there!

If you want to have a look at the work from last year and the year before:
    Trek Twelve Days of Christmas 2007
    Trek Twelve Days of Christmas 2008

If you'd like to volunteer your services, this year the fiction portion of the Twelve Days is being coordinated on the Google group dedicated to it, and on Ad Astra's Forums. This year, we will also be putting together a fanfic-centric eFanzine, hopefully covering all series (new and old), with fanart, fic, articles and various other goodies. So, if you've ever been interested in editing or producing professional-grade fanworks, feel free to join us!

2. CeJay

CeJay Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I might submit my current Star Eagle novel. God willing it should be done by December.

3. SLWalker

SLWalker The OG Scotty Fangirl Premium Member

LOL! December would be too late for me to do the work, but if you wanna book it yourself, by all means. The latest I'll probably take submissions (so I'm not pulling sixteen hour days this year) will be mid-to-late-October. But if you can pull off creating it yourself, send it on in and we'll include it!