Trek Pets

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Brie, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Brie

Brie Commander Red Shirt

I know all of us here love Star Trek, and most of us probably love animals too! I know I personally love both these things a lot. In fact I love them so much that I named one of my pets in honor of my favorite show. Here is a picture!

[​IMG]

Meet Tribble the loveable cuddly hedge hog that luckily doesn't reproduce at an alarming rate like her name suggests.

I'm sure a lot of you out there have pets as well and I feel it is safe to assume some of you also named your pet after something Star Trek related. So let's see those Trek pets! Post up a picture of your pet if it's named after something from Star Trek. Then we can all bask in the glory of the cuteness that happens when a trekkie takes in a loving pet!

2. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Aww... So cute! She even looks like a Tribble. A prickly Tribble:)

3. IrishNero

IrishNero Commodore

[​IMG]

Her name is Bindi (Named after Steve Irwin's daughter 'Bindi Sue.' She's a 3-year-old Congo African Grey Parrot (She's resting on one foot, which is normal for birds when they're chillin'). African Greys can live up to 70 years.

She speaks about 200 words and knows what many of them mean. She used to say 'Engage' and 'Make it so,' but she has become bored with those words. She also says 'bombs away' before pooping and 'Water' when she's thirsty and wants a drink from a water bottle. She's cuddly with me but she's been known to bite an unfamiliar finger. -Kind of like me. :lol:

She's baddazz and awesome, and she's the love of my life. ;)

4. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I owned a cockateil once, but he wasn't named after STAR TREK, I called him "Bubo." My mother thought I meant "Boo" as in, he's my boo, an expression she hates with a heartfelt passion. But, he was not my boo. He was actually sick when I got him from a pet store, but he hid it from me until it was too late. I found out, only afterwards, that birds habitually hide illnesses. I kept his cage imacculate, though. He had plenty of toys and food and even sang in the mornings. He must've come from an aviary where he was basically allowed to be wild, really. He was clearly never hand trained or accustomed to people.

When I'd let him out of his cage, he'd grind his beak, all contented-like. It was cute to see him sort of waddle on the carpet, investigating all he'd see. I would never see him shit though. I don't know how he managed that, but I'd go to dust the top of the refrigerator or something and............there's a splat of bird scat! But he hated me. HATED ME!!! Everybody else loved him, because he was cute and I'd get asked about him, all the time. Then, I hear these thumping noises one morning around 3 AM and here he is between his feeders like he's holding them with "arms" instead of wings and he's panting his last breath(s). As I say, it's not like he was my little buddy, or anything, but he was a neat pet, while he lasted ...

5. marlboro

marlboro Guest

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

My cat is named Wicket, but I don't think this counts..

7. ThankYouGeneR

ThankYouGeneR Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Friend with a cat named Tasha Yar.

Friends with a dog named Khan.

8. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A friend's boyfriend named his dog Worf.

9. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]
    My dog Dax

10. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Bernese Mountain Dogs are the best.

<3<3<3

11. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

No Trek-named pets yet, but I have two cats named Mulder and Scully.

12. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I would like to get a dog and name him "Riker"... but I guess I'd have to wait for my equally hypothetical dog "Watson" to die first, because it wouldn't do to play favorites and call the new pooch "Numbah One", now, would it? :p

13. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

We've had dogs named Spock, Worf, Odo, and Saratoga. And cats named Kira and Farragut.

Not Trek, but we've also had cats named Chloe (after the Smallville character) and Neo (after the Matrix character). And a rabbit named R. Sebastian Bach, who was simultaneously named after Sebastian from The Neverending Story, the naming pattern for robots from Asimov's robot books (only this 'r' is for rabbit), and the former lead singer of Skid Row.

14. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    What a sweetie! :adore:

None of my pets have ever been named for a Star Trek character. But one of my cats was named after a character in Marion Zimmer Bradley's Darkover novels.

15. Brie

Brie Commander Red Shirt

haha this is perfect. She has a mean side (like tribbles when confronted with a Klingon) but that's only when I deploy and have been gone a long time, she gets mad at me for leaving her, or when she meets someone new at first. It's only for a minute or two, she curls up in a ball and makes little hissy sounds. but ones she sniffs and licks you she runs around playing and cuddling.

16. Brie

Brie Commander Red Shirt

Here's another picture of Tribble. We were watching "The Trouble With Tribbles" together.

[​IMG]

And here are my other to pets. They don't have Star Trek themed names but I love them none the less. My first dog is Mako (named after the all terrain vehicle in Mass Effect, not the shark).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next is my dog Athena, named after the Greek/roman goddess. I got her as a rescue from a no-kill shelter. She was badly abused by her prior owners. They said she was used as a bait dog for dog fighting. Then she was adopted by another family who starved her before abandoning her in the desert, that's when she was taken to the shelter. I adopted her the day I first saw her and though she can be bad at times (doggy PTSD) she's a sweetheart with a good home finally
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nobody has a cat called "M'Ress?

I knew a guy who had two cats. One was called "Bob" and the other was called "NotBob"

18. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

[​IMG]

19. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

If I ever get a black cat, I want to call it Obsidian Disorder.

My wife was a hard sell on that one (and she's a Niner!) until I pointed out we could nickname it Sidney or Cindy.

20. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

[​IMG]

Meet B'Elanna. She's a good friend and confidante!

Love the idea of a hedgehog named Tribble!