TOS Star Trek Tattoo!!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Kirk1701, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Kirk1701

Kirk1701 Ensign Red Shirt

Hello. This is my first time posting on this board, so please forgive my bad grammar. I have been a fan of the Star Trek Universe since the seventies and I love the franchise. Ten years ago, I decided to get my back tattooed with a TOS Star Trek Tattoo. Eventually, I will have my whole back, tattooed. There will not be an inch of pink skin on my back. Well, I decided to get the tattoo finish, before I turn 45 yrs. Even though, that is a year and half from now. These are just examples, nothing is set in stone. I'm looking for any suggestions on the background of the tattoo. I'm thinking of adding the following images to my back/side and if I have enough room: the Nomad Probe, the Doomsday Machine, the SS Botany Bay, the K-7 Space Station, the 2265 to 2270 UFP Seal above Mister Spock head, two D-7 class Klingon Battle Cruisers pursuing the U.S.S.Enterprise (on my left side) and their disruptor banks hitting the Enterprise's shields, maybe the hand of Apollo that appeared in space, the autographs of Nimoy, Shatner, and Kelly above their characters' heads and below the UFP Seal, the Enterprise's firing its phasers and having the phasers come around my body, across my stomach and destroying a D-7 Klingon Battle Cruisers on my upper left stomach. I will try to summit images of my back on this board. Some of the images would probably be the size of a half dollar or a tad bigger. If you want to chat, my Yahoo IM is captainpicard1701_f and my Yahoo E-mail is captainpicard1701_f@yahoo.com. Please no negative feedback on my tattoos. John. :klingon: :borg:

[​IMG]

[​IMG] I was thinking of putting this on my left side of my stomach being destroyed by the U.S.S. Enterprise's phasers. The phasers coming across my stomach.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]I kind of like this background. It would cover my entire back with smaller images.

[​IMG] I like this one too.

[​IMG]The background, not the ship.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Autographs above heads.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Above Mr. Spock's head.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  2. MANT!

MANT! Vice Admiral Admiral

In regards to an image, please see the following in regards to rankings..
    http://www.trekbbs.com/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_avatars

and welcome to the boards..

3. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh boy, the floodgates have been opened.

4. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

Email me the picture of the tattoo (TBonz@trekbbs.com) and I'll put it up tomorrow night.

5. gimpy117

gimpy117 Commander Red Shirt

how about just the badge on your chest?

6. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

The pictures are up in the first post now. The full one on the back is, uh, impressive. Wow.

I thought, just perhaps, I'd get a Romulan emblem on the ankle. Haven't done it and may not, but that would be tiny!

Those tats must have HURT to have had done.

7. MANT!

MANT! Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed, I damn near got one WAYY back in '83 ( The SAC emblem on my arm) but I wasn't drunk enough..

http://www.westoveryesterday.com/images/SAC_emblem.jpg

Glad anyway, the dear wife wouldn't have given me the time of day if I got one..

But you go on..I do think the Botony Bay would be good..and Nomad too...

But..no Horta?

8. Kirk1701

Hello. Don't worried, I do have plans on doing the Starfleet delta insignia badge on my left breast. I just need to figure out the size of the insignia and how far from my left nipple. When people first get tattoos, they do hurt a bit. Once you get a couple of tattoos, your body tends to ignore the pain and you get use to it. Hell, women are getting their breast tattooed. See picture below.

[​IMG]

9. Kirk1701

Hi. I don't think Hortas can survive in space.

10. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

confess I'd consider those on my butt . . . hubs might object though . . .

11. CaptainStoner

CaptainStoner Knuckle-dragging TNZ Denizen Admiral

Cool stuff. I have two good friends who are tattoo artists, and have been discussing and designing a steam locomotive for myself. I don't have many tattoos though, and am not nearly as ambitious as you are.

The back piece looks good so far. A lot of cool image ideas. Using nebula to connect the images and themes is pretty cool.
    What, no Galaxy-class? JK.

So, what is the motivation for all this? Star Trek must have a deeper connection for you than just "I really like Star Trek", no?

12. seigezunt

seigezunt Vice Admiral Admiral

Whoa, they cropped that photo just in time... :eek:

That, said, best wishes in your plans to be the Illustrated Man of Trek. It might be less painful if you just had "Geek" tattooed on your forehead, though. Just kidding...everybody has to have a dream...

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yikes. I am cringing at how much that must have hurt.

14. Ziz

Ziz Commodore Commodore

Tit-toos?

15. LNJM906

LNJM906 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Ta-Ta-toos!

16. Alpha_Geek

Alpha_Geek Commodore Commodore

OP, you GOTTA leave at least square inch of pink skin to honor Shran and his friendship with Jonathan Archer. While technically outside the realm of TOS, it must be done! :)

17. Dane_Whitman

Dane_Whitman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As a man with multiple tattoo's and plans to have a Trek-themed tattoo one day I wish you good luck! :techman:

18. xman

xman Commander Red Shirt

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

19. DiSiLLUSiON

DiSiLLUSiON Commodore Commodore

Well, it's your body, and I wish you all the best. If you like it tattooed, so much the better.

But you do realize non-(hardcore)Trekkies can interpret such a thing as being severely obsessed, right? It can look a little bit disturbing...

20. CaptainStoner

CaptainStoner Knuckle-dragging TNZ Denizen Admiral

Oh noes! We disturbed teh normals!