torchwood

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by data_lover, Feb 28, 2010.

1. data_lover

data_lover Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

hello! im sure there's a torchwood threat somewhere but i just couldn't find it.

anyhow, why oh why did the end torchwood? i loved that show so much, even with owen and his creature face. does anyone else miss this show as i do? :confused:

2. Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin Commander

You might have better luck in the Doctor Who forum.

3. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Who says it's over? They have had three successful series. I'm sure there will be another one.

4. Bones2

Bones2 Commodore Commodore

A US version is being planned, so I understand.

5. data_lover

i had no idea - i am so excited!

6. Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin Commander

There's also going to be a new British season at some point.

7. Blamo

Blamo Commodore Commodore

Personally no, not really. Certainly series three was great television and excellent sci-fi, this I will not even attempt to deny. The rest of the show though was largely awful.

8. data_lover

understandable. it reminded me a lot of the xfiles with more snark which is what i loved about it - but to each their own! :)

9. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The first season was mostly awful, the second was much better and the 5-episode miniseries that were the third season were great.

I won't mind seeing another season of it.

10. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

Although Torchwood is the "Enterprise" of the Doctor Who franchise (many people love it, many people wish it would go away), the show hasn't been ended. Remember in the UK there is no hard and fast rule that says series have to run new seasons every year. The latest word is a 4th season is likely, but it may not be for awhile yet. First, Russell T Davies is now in the US where an American version (we don't know if it'll be a remake or an in-universe spin-off) is being considered by Fox. So that means a new production team is likely to be needed to Torchwood in the UK. It won't be Steven Moffat as all indications are he's only interested in running Doctor Who, as evidenced by the fact he's working on a new Sherlock Holmes series, too instead of something Who-related.

Also, John Barrowman is apparently joining the cast of Desperate Housewives, so that'll take him out of play for a bit. In an interview last week he said he had no idea what was happening with Torchwood.

But the fact remains Children of Earth was a huge ratings success both in the UK and in the US, so the odds of TW coming back for a 4th season - whether a full-length 13-episode season or another miniseries - are good. We just don't know when.

I would say the earliest would be 2011. I get the feeling the BBC wants to leave the floor to the Eleventh Doctor for a bit (not counting the Sarah Jane Adventures) anyway.

Alex

11. data_lover

thanks for the great info, alex! im a little sad that jb is moving on to desperate housewives of all things (a show i have no interest in watching) but i'll keep a lookout for new tw.

12. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's the Torchwood threat mentioned in the first post.

13. Bones2

Bones2 Commodore Commodore

:rommie:

14. data_lover

haha appropriate typos. im still looking forward to it :)

15. knine

knine Captain Captain

Pretty much my feelings as well, except you are being too kind to the first and second seasons. The only thing that kept me watching and hoping it would improve was Captain Jack, otherwise I would have given up on it long ago and missed the great third season miniseries.

16. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Fox? It's doomed.

17. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I'd prefer a full-length 13 episode season. "Children of Earth" was great but it was so draining. I think they need to do a round of stand-alones to cleanse the palette & rebuild the cast before they do something that intense again.

Couldn't RTD still run the U.K. version of Torchwood while living in the U.S.? IIRC, Ronald D. Moore ran the Battlestar Galactica writers room out of L.A. even though the show was shot in Vancouver.

I hope that Season 4 moves the series from Cardiff to Scotland. I've been interested in seeing Torchwood 2 ever since Captain Jack mentioned that it was run by a peculiar Scottish guy in "Everything Changes." And more Gwen & Rhys please!

18. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

Seventh Doctor, betcha.

19. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    ^Which I would love! Sylvester McCoy is one of my favorite Doctors!