Torchwood: Children of Earth DAY FOUR grading thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Jim Steele, Jul 9, 2009.

?

Day Four: Cor! or Bore?

1. Get me a whore

53 vote(s)
    69.7%
  2. Get me a kleenex

20 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Get me a lager

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. Get me a sick bag

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Get me a shotgun

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  1. Jim Steele

Jim Steele Vice Admiral Admiral

**SPOILERS**

[​IMG]

What do The 456 want with human children? How deep is Jack's involvement? Will Rhys get to finish his beans? Find out (or not) in part four of this SPECTACULAR TELEVISUAL EVENT in FULL COLOUR.

(to make it clear so there's no confusion with the results, the five poll options are JUST the standard Excellent/Above Average/Average/Below Average/Poor grades from top to bottom, with different names because I'm a juvenile little shit)

2. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

yep looking forward to this one

3. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm hoping that The Beans Of Rhys get to play a pivotal role - maybe some opportune pumping could save the day in a strange and bizarre inversion of the Slitheen's potent botty-burps that we all love to hate? Or something.

RHYS' ARSE FTW!!

4. Jim Steele

Jim Steele Vice Admiral Admiral

If ANYTHING can top Ianto saving the day in a hard hat/safety vest, that would surely be it!

PS: Please don't read anything into the apparent implication that I equate ultimate satisfaction with employing the services of a prostitute.

I live in Edinburgh, for a start. There's nothing remotely "satisfactory" about toothless Leith ho's.

5. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

My main question at the moment is thus: how powerful/influential are the 456? I mean, a alien comes to town and sits in a specially constructed atmospheric tank which it clearly needs in order to function and survive. It then asks for 10% of the Earth's children (personally I'd hand them over - just take all the little shits that populate Newport to make up the numbers). This is clearly A Bad Thing as far as Frobisher/everyone else is concerned. So, just how unfeasible is smashing open that tank with a sturdy axe and then unloading all manner of bullet-shaped death if the 456 acts up when we won't hand over 10% of the planet's kids wrapped up with a pretty bow?

Or does this go beyond anything else? Does the 456 have some juicy goss on the planet we don't know about, like some dirty, illegitimate photos, that they will publish to the world if we don't cough up? If so, do not give in to blackmail, John - if it knocks Jackson off the front pages, it can only be a good thing.

Not sure where all of that came from.

6. Flibble

Flibble Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think it's pretty obvious that Jack will be going into that tank, but whether it's today or tomorrow remains to be seen!

7. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

I have a question
    Would aliens and kidnapping 10% of the worlds children be enough to knock Jackson off the front page.:shifty:

8. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

I like your ideas, HappyDayRiot. I suspect the 456 have a bit more in store than blackmail (I'm thinking powerful weapons or the ability to take all children if they wanted or some such thing). At least I hope so and that the UK government wouldn't risk all this and order people killed just to cover their arses.
    I wonder how they're going to resolve this with only two episodes left. And RTD said we would see the downfall of Western civilisation. They better get started on this. ;)

9. Serial thread killer

Which ever party is in power i would not put it past them to do this to cover there arses

If you are a Daily fail reader you think it all ready has

10. The Badger

The Badger Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just a wild guess, but unless there's only one 456 in existence, the rest might be a bit miffed at the state sponsored murder of there ambassador. There may be diplomatic repercussions of some sort.

11. Serial thread killer

Worried we would get a strongly worded letter.

12. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

The 456 have the power to make every child on earth stop...I don't think bullets are gonna manage it...

13. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

Worse - what if that letter is sent to Points of View?

14. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Under 10 minutes to go. I don't think I've been this excited about a TV show in a long time.

15. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That depends. This is some sort of biological control, and I'd even wager it's related to the technology used by the Sycorax to get a good chunk of people up on their rooves. That is to say, whatever 456 is doing, they may not be able to get the kids to walk into traffic or the nearest body of water or something. If they did, why wouldn't they just get all the kids to march right into their spaceships in the first place?

Mark

16. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

All I can say now is, Ianto! Noooooo!

17. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

8/10 again. Still great - I do wonder if there can actually be a series 4, though, cos there's going to be nobody fucking left!

Gratuitous X Files knockoff as well, when they thought of using a vaccination as a cover story for alien abductions... Really noticed the score - in a good way - for the first time as well. Will have to get the soundtrack.

And the DVD when it comes out on Monday, even though I haven't got season 2 yet.

18. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

Shit, the spoilers were right... fucking shipping the DVD before the live broadcasts were over, arseholes.

Even then I was still holding out for Jack's kiss to do something - it did in Series 1, but then having him repeat the event that often would cheapen things.

:(

Bloody good show, still... and if Spooks has shown us anything it's that you can put the characters through this sort of thing and still go on.

The "Make Agent Johnson a new TW recruit" nonsense is a bit less nonsense now... but I wish the actress was a bit better if they're going that route.

GallifreyBase is gonna have a fucking meltdown.

19. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Good lord.

Ianto.

:(

:wah:

20. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Arm the nukes, load the guns...we are going to war :devil:

Excellent TV.