Top 5 Favorite moments Season Two

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Sophie74656, May 29, 2018.

1. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

Just like with season one, what are your favorite 5 moments from season 2. Not episodes, but moments.

For me:
    Twisted - when they decide to do nothing. It's not a solution we often see in Trek.

Parturition - i think this episode is pretty lame overall but gotta love the food fight

Resistance - the end! When janeway pretends to be his daughter as he's dying. Tears me up every time.

Dreadnought - this is a personal favorite episode but i LOVE one tiny scene. When you hear Belannas voice as dreadnought and Harry does a double take

Tuvix - the scene where tuvix is begging for his life and nobody steps up for him. Very moving.

2. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

1. "Cold Fire": When Kes takes out Tanis and make him bleed from eyes and nose.

2. "Basics#1": When the crew is stranded on the planet and the ship takes off with the Kazon in charge. Perfect cliffhanger.

3. "Parturition": the interaction between Kes and The Doctor. Hilarious!
    KES: There are some things you can't cure. Neelix and Tom Paris had a physical fight over me.
    THE DOCTOR: How delightful.
    KES: Delightful?
    THE DOCTOR: You should consider it a high compliment. Throughout history, men have fought over the love of a woman. Why, I can quote you autopsy reports from duels as far back as 1538.
    KES: That's not funny.
    THE DOCTOR: It's not meant to be. You've always been interested in autopsies.

KES: On my homeworld it's so much simpler. You choose a mate for life. There's no distrust, no jealousy, no envy, no betrayal.
    THE DOCTOR: Hmm. Your world must have very dry literature.

4. "The Thaw": Basically every scene with The Clown.

5. "Parturition": The spaghetti fight between Tom and Neelix.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  3. catshadowsi8

catshadowsi8 Captain Captain

1. Resolutions- I love the angry warrior speech but even more I enjoy the talaxian tomatoes and talk about a trip down the river. As in my season 1 pick, this is Janeway, and Chakotay for that matter, light hearted and free spirited. This version of both vanishes in later seasons. Such a shame.

2. Parturition- The doctor evesdropping on everyone. So funny and also unexpected. Loved this doctor.

3.Thaw- The clown being tricked in the end is great. Fade to black...perfectly executed...pun intended.

4. Elogium- Tuvok talking about being a father to Neelix. So touching.

5. Manoveurs- I'm torn on two scenes here. Loved B'Elanna giving insight to Janeway about why Chakotay left to confront Seska. It showed how strong B'Elanna and Chakotay's bond was yet also showed how far our half Klingon had come in controlling her emotions. However, Chakotay and Seska are gold together. He outsmarts her with the teleporter but, instead of killing her, he turns the phaser over to her. The look on her face is priceless.

This is hard because there are so many great scenes in this season, one of my favorites, if not the most.

4. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Commodore Commodore

I may add a couple more since I am rewatching this season right now, but for starters-
    the scene in 'Investigations' when Tuvok and Janeway are speaking with Neelix in the Ready Room (when Janeway asks Neelix how he knows someone is leaving the ship).

and the same scene you liked in 'Tuvix'.

5. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

"Projections" - The recreation of The Doctor's first activation in "Caretaker". It may not have been perfect, but it was pretty well done regardless, and I do love The Doctor deleting everyone. :) Also the moment near the end when things get especially crazy.

"Death Wish" - Quinn's final moments. Though also the meta moment where Voyager becomes a Hallmark ornament.

"Deadlock" - Great stuff here. I'll choose Janeway welcoming the Vidiians to the bridge, though for personal reasons I enjoy Kim getting sucked into space. There's some real creepiness to the Vidiians making their way through the ship as well.

"Tuvix" - The Doctor refusing to perform the procedure on the basis of the Hippocratic Oath.

"Threshold" - Paris spitting out his tongue. Someone had to say it!

Sophie74656 likes this.
  6. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

“Lifesigns” The Doctor falling in love for the first time.

“Death Wish” the scene where Q brings in the Hippy, Sir Issac Newton and Riker to prove how Quinn has affected their lives in a positive way.

“The 37’s” (but it’s technically season 1 but whatever) the empty cargo bay.

“The Thaw” Janeway standing up to the Clown. Fear can be conquered. And him fading into black.

“Resolutions” Janeway’s primate friend.

7. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

Great Season reading the above.

"The 37's" Tuvok drawing his phaser when the truck backfired. Tom landing Voyager.

"Cold Fired" Kes becoming empowered. Seeing the other Caretaker.

"Threshold" Chakotay and Tuvok discussing how to log the er... 'changes' in Tom and Janeway (and the kids).

"Meld" TUVOK: You are not invulnerable, hologram. A few well chosen commands to the computer and you will cease to exist. (All of Tuvok's speech without his Vulcan suppression). "You disgust me. All you humans do..." (Naughty Tuvok!)

I want to put in Basics 1, Deadlock stuff.. but will go for...

"Tuvix" When Janeway took charge and initiated the recomposition of Tuvok and Neelix. As she walked down the corridor - her face.

Oh whatever, another one. Janeway taunting the clown at the end of "The Thaw". Clown "I'm afraid". Janeway: "I know...." (That was spectacular! Janeway was so spooky and mean, I loved it).

8. cosmic mouse

Agreed, just rewatched the Thaw last night... it's possibly my fav Harry ep too. I love the exchange between the Clown and the EMH (when the Doc gives him Janeway's ultimatum).

Lynx likes this.
  9. at Quark's

at Quark's Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

1. Culluh slapping Janeway! She had it a long time coming with that smug 'we the Federation' attitude.

Nah, just joking.

1. I agree with those that mention the end of the Thaw. Very strong.
    2. For some reason I always enjoyed the romance between the EMH and Denara Pel. Perhaps because this is one of the first times we see this softer side of him. Possibly also because they both know it can only be for a few days.
    3. Liked the growing animosity and unease between Neelix and Tom building up to the famous spaghetti scene in Parturition. Partially clearly played for laughs, partially serious.
    4. Persistence of vision. The utterly unapologetic alien that even keeps mocking the crew after his "capture", 'because he can'. In a sense it's refreshing to see such a d*ck that even refuses to give a reason for his behaviour.
    5. Janeway at the end of Resistance, pretending to a dying Caylem to be his (long dead) daughter, telling him she and her mother forgive him.
    6. Janeway 1 to Janeway 2: "I will. I will!" Deadlock, after Janeway 2 asked Janeway 1 to promise to get her crew home, since she herself won't make it.

But reading through the episode synopses of season 2 really tells me I would benefit from a rewatching of that season....since most of these I haven't seen in a long time.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  10. GeordiFan

GeordiFan Lieutenant Red Shirt

Twisted: When Tom Paris says "I don't suppose anyone here know the way to the bridge"

Basics: Great cliffhanger, best in Voyager IMO

The Thaw: Everytime the Doctor interacts with the clown

Deadlock: When Harry rescues Naomi and goes to the other Voyager

Investigations: When Tom Paris flushes out Jonas

11. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

"The Clown" is that sort of character which can fascinate me. Someone who is mean but funny at the same time.
    Not to mention that he looks a little like Bruce Dickinson in Iron Maiden in both looks and manners which makes it even more funny since I happen to like that band!

Poor Harry! The Clown was a bit tough on him.

"The spoil goes to the winner and you are the spoil, Harry!" :lol:

cosmic mouse likes this.
  12. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

1 When Janeway tricks The Clown in "The Thaw" which seems to have made evryones list.

2 Recreating the scene in "Caretaker" when the Doctor is first activated in "Projections.

3 Janeway and Paris being turned into lizards and Tuvok's reaction in "Threshold."

4 Tuvok without emotion in "Meld" where is threatening everyone and is deranged.

5 the Scene with Riker,Issac Newton and a Hippie in "Death Wish."

Jason

13. cosmic mouse

Yep, the Clown was the bomb... the actor did a great job with the material . I also love this exchange just for the way McKean delivered his line:

KIM: This is not reality. It's an illusion.
    CLOWN: When your only reality is an illusion, then illusion is a reality.

14. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

I found The Clown quite stupid and cringe worthy. Even “Threshold” was better than the Clown episode.