Tom Fontana to Interrogate A&E

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by PsychoPere, Dec 8, 2011.

1. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Hollywood Reporter has word of a new police drama in the works by Tom Fontana for A&E. The Box will consist of 30-minute episodes focusing specifically on interrogations of criminal suspects. So far, the network has only ordered two scripts from the series, so it's still early in development.

If this series can capture even half the emotionally powerful intensity of Homicide: Life on the Street's "Three Men and Adena," it could turn out to be an interesting and different take on the old police procedural. At the very least, it should be worth checking out a few episodes.

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I'll watch anything from Tom Fontana. He has proven is worth between Homicide: Life on the Streets and Oz.

3. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I haven't seen more than fifteen minutes of it, but isn't this what The Closer is all about? Then again, that series is ending (ended?) and the aforementioned "Three Men and Adena," written and executive produced by Fontana, remains an excellent episode of television

4. PsychoPere

I've never watched even 15 minutes of The Closer, so I honestly have no idea.

5. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

It focuses on the case from beginning to end, maybe this will be strictly an interrogation show?

6. PsychoPere

That's exactly what this show will be, if it goes to series... as pointed out in the opening post.