TNG home Theater

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Helm_Dude, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Helm_Dude

Helm_Dude Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I don't visit the TNG forum much, but I just had to share these photos of a TNG themed home theater. Pretty cool.

Home Theater

2. Outpost4

Outpost4 Vice Admiral Admiral

3. WalkinMan

WalkinMan Commodore Commodore

Wow that is cool. Better than the Trek apartment IMO, because there you would be stuck with scifi all the time. For entertainment purposes, heading over to this room would be fantastic!

4. KDoug

KDoug Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Fascinating! :)

5. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

A friend of mine sent me a link to this. Very cool. One day I will retire to a home like this. :p

6. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

Impressive! But it doesn't look very comfortable and homely. Wouldn't want to live with it. Is this something that someone made in their own home? That must have taken a great deal of time and effort.

7. Outpost4

Outpost4 Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Agreed there, WillsBabe, on all accounts. My guess this is could be a $250,000 install, and for that they got a frigidly cold home theater. Impressive to show the neighbors but I wouldn't want to spill any popcorn.

Outside of the full size Robbie The Robot, this isn't my kind of home theater.

8. jimbo1973

jimbo1973 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

yeah pretty cool, but that is what I was thinkin, is all tht expense worth it???

9. T'Cal

T'Cal Commodore Commodore

YEP! I want one!

10. CaptainStoner

CaptainStoner Knuckle-dragging TNZ Denizen Admiral

They do look almost more like dental chairs. Maybe it's more comfortable than it looks.
    I would have used a curved row of comfy couches just in front of the bridge 'horseshoe', with a small control console at the Captain's spot in the center, and a couple of spacey coffee tables on either side.
    Impressive though! As a landscaper I worked on crazy huge projects for the rich of this type of expense and scale. But nothing Trek-like. Those blue Talosian singing plants don't transplant well.