TNG/DS9/Voy Finale Movie

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Voth commando1, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Voth commando1

Voth commando1 Commodore Commodore

In a sub-sub atomic universe with kittens
    Hey I don't know if this true or just rumour but is it so that had the last TNG movies been more successful there was an idea for a cross show finale movie from all the shows set in the 24th century?

Cause if that's true it would have been awesome.

Galileo7 likes this.
  2. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

That's what I've heard, but this seems like a candidate for the Trek Movies forum, so...energizing....

3. Voth commando1

So is their a source for this, any sort of plotlines.

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Brent Spiner mentioned it once. His idea for a follow-up to Nemesis was to have brought all the crews (or at least, all the characters whose actors were living and willing) together using time travel (including beaming Data off the Scimitar a second before it's destruction) to face a group of villains.

That's all we know.

5. Voth commando1

Seems like a marvelous idea and would have tied into(presumably) ENT's Temporal Cold War plotline. Seems like a great send off.

6. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I would still like a miniseries.

Start off with Enterprise finding 'something' and barely escaping, fast forward to the 24th century and Starfleet encounters it again. Sealed records reveal the Enterprise logs and also a TOS or movie era encounter told in flashback using old film and CGI.

A multi-crew team from the 24thC. shows comes together to resolve the problem...

Green and ChristopherPike like this.
  7. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

That sounds dreadful. Haha

8. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure Spiner was just being idealistic. The logistics of such a movie would be a nightmare. Even if some of the actors from the various series didn't participate, that's still like at least 30 different people to keep track of. That's insane.

BillJ and F. King Daniel like this.
  9. Voth commando1

In terms of main cast let show is at least five people each, guest actors, antagonists, and any less notables it would have been a tremendous project.

10. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

I think a lot of fans would like this, but it's not going to happen

11. Green

Green Commander Red Shirt

The idea is terrible as a movie and wonderful as a mini-series.
    First, I'd leave dead or "lost" characters out -- no Sisko, Data, Kes, Tasha, Neelix, Jadzia......
    Next, not too much redundancy -- they could barely find anything for Crusher to do in the TNG movies so how many Doctors/engineers would they need?
    A "impossible mission force," would be best. Best fighters Worf, Tuvok, Kira...best pilots Paris, Nog....best engineers Geordi, O'Brien....a doctor Bashir or Picardo..... best leaders Riker, Kira...... spies Garak, Odo....

A mini-series format could give us some time with people who wouldn't be on the mission -- whereas they would make a movie bloated.
    Using the DS9 station as a jumping off point would be a way of giving us a chance for cameos by Leeta, Rom, Keiko, Jake, etc.
    Also the mini-series format might entice some of the 'cast directors" to participate even if their acting parts were rather small -- Frakes, Burton, Dawson, MacNeil, etc.

Lastly, as in any "Magnificent Seven" type story -- many/most of the cast should die. That would give a sense of both high stakes and closure.

And it all should have happened in say 2006 or 2007 -- the 40th or 20th anniversary of the franchise (or the spinoffs.) Most of the cast are now way too old pull it off.

And time travel :barf:

12. Leviathan

Leviathan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

...so....not a battle to the death between crews then? Rats.

13. TheGoodStuff

TheGoodStuff Captain Captain

...I'd have written it so that Janeway won just to bathe in the e-rage it would cause. :lol:

14. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Janeway is about to kill Picard when it turns out their mothers have the same first name and then suddenly they're BFFs and conquer the baddies.

BillJ and JonnyQuest037 like this.
  15. David B

David B Ensign Red Shirt

Interesting that Brent Spiner would say that, since I believe it was his idea to kill off Data?

16. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree, it'$ unu$ual he changed hi$ mind like that all of a $udden. I wonder what factor$ went into hi$ deci$ion?

TREK_GOD_1, Galileo7 and BillJ like this.
  17. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

I think that he misses his friends ;)
    What else could it be?

JonnyQuest037 likes this.
  18. Voth commando1

So how do you think such a movie could succeed? Would the combined cast have the chemistry? Would the plot work with such a lot amount of actors?

19. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

They wouldn't use entire casts. Wang is out....

Dorn and Meaney can be used to meet the goal of having actors from both TNG and DS9 :lol:

20. Green

Green Commander Red Shirt

Forget Chakotay, Kim, Neelix, Kes, Jadzia, Sisko, Jake, Ezri, Tasha, Data..........

That's 10 regulars who you've eliminated.
    Then eliminate 7 or 8 more either for the story or the actor is not interested and you have a manageable number. Then add in some of the best surviving supporting actors -- Garak, Martok, Nog, etc

...and it is feasible. Or was.