Things I Haven't Done

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Amaris, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Having been a member of this board for 13 years, I've had the privilege to read stories about experiences people have had, and so I got to thinking, is there anything you've read about people doing that you haven't done but would like to do?

I'll start. For example, I see others discussing places they have traveled, across the country and whatnot, but I have never flown on an airplane. I've never had the opportunity, though I would love to fly. It looks like a really cool experience.

2. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wanted to Space dive; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_diving

When it is commonplace and affordable. :D

I don't think anyone here has done this.

I want to write and direct and independent film, this might have been done.

Write & record an album. Again there are some talented people here.

Countries I want to visit; Ireland, Estonia, The Philippines & Chile.

I have never known the love of another person in a carnal sense, you know sex! :(

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Get married.

And then do things that married couples do.

Candlelight likes this.
  4. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I empathize on that last one, sweetheart. As for everything else, I've always wanted to visit Ireland, which means I'd likely have to fly, which means I'd get to do two of those things at once!

Space diving sound like fun, though I'm not sure I could handle that. I have enough issues standing on a stepladder. :lol:

5. Taylirious

The space diving would make me feel "Super"! :lol: I am scared of heights so that would be an accomplishment.

6. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Oh, good point. That's one way to get over your fear of heights! :D

7. Mr. Laser Beam

And let me be clear...I am absolutely not implying that one HAS to get married first. Only that I, personally, want to. I wouldn't be ready for it, otherwise.

8. Taylirious

I want to get married. :bolian:

9. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

MLB, you described what I want. Taylirious, you're also not alone. I also want to experience the joy of childbirth.

10. Taylirious

I also want to be Supreme Leader of the Universe! I might have to throw-down with Cooleddie74 for that! :p :D

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Children...I hate to say this, but that's one thing I do NOT want. I have never wanted to be a dad, and I don't see this changing anytime soon.

I don't have anything against kids - I dearly love being an uncle - but I have no ability or knowledge of being a parent, and I would be completely lost in that situation. Even if I somehow had enough resources to support a family.

I just don't have the expertise OR the patience. So I figure, leave it to the pros.

12. Goji

Goji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Honestly, nothing that I've never done, but a a number of things I haven't done recently. I'd like to travel again, maybe back to Japan, maybe somewhere new. I'd like to do more writing. I wrote a lot in high school and some in college but have gotten away from it in the years since I graduated. I'd like to keep fish again, which unfortunately runs counter to my desire to travel since keeping any sort of pet kind of requires a lot of time and attention. I really miss having time to myself to just do things, I have too many friends and family that don't understand that me wanting to not be around them sometimes doesn't mean I hate them. And we won't even get into that other kind of socializing.

I'm definitely thinking about doing some things differently in the new year though.

Congrats on the 13 years too. That means you signed up the same year as me. Class of 2002 unite!

13. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Oh yes, yes. I want to travel to Japan. I am learning the culture, but the language is nearly insurmountable. It's partially my fault because I waited so long to start learning (I'm 35, my brain doesn't want to learn new languages). The only reason I'm having such luck with French is because I took a few courses in high school, so there was enough there to build upon. It wasn't much, but enough that it stuck and my brain is more willing to accept it now, after 20 years of nothing in-between.

That said, yes to Japan, I'd love to go!

Thank you! Yeah, it's hard to believe I've been here that long. SO much has changed!

14. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Having an actual, meaningful romantic relationship of...any kind, really. At this point I'll take what I can get. When I was younger I always told myself that there would always be the future, that it didn't matter so much that I have a hard time forming deep bonds with people because someday it would improve on its own. Now that I'm in my 30s though, I'm really starting to feel the press of time and to realize that this magical turnaround I was always expecting isn't going to come out of nowhere.

If I ever want to meet somebody I need to start working on it, but putting myself out there is a really scary thought.

15. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Gods yes, that pressing of time begins to hurt like a bitch, you know?

16. Mr. Laser Beam

Tell me about it, I turn 46 next spring. :eek:

17. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

When you get older you realize nothing improves on its own, nothing magically comes to you, there's no "when you're ready, it will happen". You have to do it yourself, change your life around, change yourself around, take actual steps towards what wants you have. Suddenly you don't believe whatever crap you've been telling yourself all these years because there are less years left.. there is no more "someday" :lol:

KimMH likes this.
  18. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

I'm pretty content with my lot to be frankly honest.

Sure I have things on a theoretical list that I want to do (own a house, have children, graduate with a pretty good degree level) at somepoint and I will do those things when time and/or money allows.

19. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

I would love to visit Iceland.

I would love to be a grandmother (though I don't think it will ever happen).

20. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Miss Chicken: Make those boys procreate!

And maybe start an Iceland fund? Darn country being so far away. I bet it is a fortune to fly there.