The Voyager Conspiracy: A Question

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Athena28, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Athena28

Athena28 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When Seven was explaining her theory to Janeway she referenced Seska as a Commander. I don't remember her being a Commander. Does anyone else? Maybe this should've been a clue that she wasn't "right" when she was relating events to Janeway.

2. Mirror Sakonna

Mirror Sakonna Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The weird continuity detail I love in "Voyager Conspiracy" is when Neelix is all "Kes WAS always going on about how she thought something else was going on with the Caretaker..." No she wasn't!

3. Athena28

That's true. Must've been an off camera conversation before she was captured by the Kazon. ;)

4. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe it was right before she dumped Neelix for not believing in her bizarre Caretaker conspiracy theories? :p

Seven of Five and Mirror Sakonna like this.
  5. Athena28

6. jmidnight_99

jmidnight_99 Commander Red Shirt

There is roughly 97 hours of televised Voyager time. They were in the delta quadrant for let's say about 61,320 hours. We saw < .1% of Voyager's time in the Delta quadrant on screen.

Kes was with them for about 26,500 hours. Assuming that Kes was on camera 10 percent of the time on average for three seasons, that amounts to roughly 6 hours of screen time. Let's call it 10 hours to make it even.

Kes was on screen for approximately .04% of her time on Voyager. Do we really know what she might have talked about when she was NOT on screen?

7. 1 of 9

1 of 9 Ensign Newbie

alright guys time for some sleep

8. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

Might be her Obsidian Order rank was Commander. Might be Seven thought her Obsidian Order rank was Commander, or ought to have been Commander in order for the world to make sense...

(On screen, she was always called Ensign but always shown wearing the dark slash of the enlisted instead.)

In general, it appears the writers were so into the whole conspiracy thing that they, too, got careless in their quest for random square tidbits to hammer into round holes. Which is not to the detriment of the episode at all!

Timo Saloniemi

Athena28 likes this.
  9. Athena28

I'm scared.:eek:

GlennSTL and jmidnight_99 like this.
  10. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When I read this, I heard it being said in Seven of Nine's voice. :D

11. Dr. San Guinary

Dr. San Guinary Fleet Admiral Admiral

Mr. Laser Beam is in the visitor's bullpen
    Pretty much everything Seven says or thinks in this episode is suspect, because of the damage she sustained. So I wouldn't take any of her lines as gospel.

Hell, for all we know, she dreamed the whole thing up, and it never actually 'happened'.

12. jmidnight_99

jmidnight_99 Commander Red Shirt

She pretty much goes off her rocker in this episode. I also like the episode where she is taking on the personalities of people who were assimilated. It's an unusual episode, and she does some top notch character acting.

Athena28 likes this.
  13. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wonder if "Commander Seska" is in the original teleplay?

14. Voth commando1

Voth commando1 Commodore Commodore

In a sub-sub atomic universe with kittens
    Regarding Kes, she strikes me as imaginative enough that she may have thought or believed something else was going on with the caretaker. Something she may have told Neelix, but likely wouldn’t have felt was something to share with the voyager crew overall.