The Tenth Doctor #11 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by DarthPipes, Jun 10, 2015.

1. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I couldn't find a regular thread on the Titan comics so I just decided to post this here.

Has anyone read the current issue of The Tenth Doctor? I bring it up because it's got a pretty awesome ending which I won't get to at the moment.

2. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I just did. Wow.

3. DarthPipes

Cool. I totally didn't expect that ending.

I use the spoiler tag on it...

In the story, the Tenth Doctor and a mysterious woman are looking for an alien device that can make a person much younger. It is obtained by an aging actress at auction. The mysterious woman manages to get it first and uses it on the actresses' assistant, reverting the woman back to infancy. She then uses it on the Doctor except it has a much different effect. In his words, it causes a retro-regeneration. The final panel is of a stunned-looking NINTH Doctor in the blue suit and trench coat of the Tenth Doctor. I can't wait to see how this storyline plays out.

4. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really want them to play this out for a few stories. Just test the waters. ;)

5. DarthPipes

It would definitely be interesting to see. I'm curious about how the dynamic with Gabby will be now. She's been a terrific companion.

6. DarthPipes

Also...

I wonder if this is why the Ninth Doctor is not going to be in the upcoming Four Doctors series. They didn't want to use him three times over such a short span of time?

7. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

Interesting. The concept of the Doctor 'degenerating' to a previous life hasn't been really done in the series. We've of course had the Doctor meet his former selves, and sometimes 'channel' his past selves, usually when he's still unstable from the regenerations, but other than that it's really only happened once or twice in the books, such as "State of Change", and I think there was a Sixth Doctor/Frobisher comic strip which did something similar.