Spoilers Strange New Worlds General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Strange New Worlds' started by NewHeavensNewEarth, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Kzinti

Kzinti Captain Captain

what licencing? cbs owns everything

2. Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm still hoping that they just call the show "Star Trek". No subtitle needed.

3. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe the listing is short for "Untitled Enterprise Series"

4. CaptainXaviOfEarth

CaptainXaviOfEarth Commander Red Shirt

It went from “Star Trek: Enterprise” to “Strange New World”. Has it been called "Untitled Enterprise Series" anywhere?

5. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

If this does happen, I would love it maybe to start off with the initial commissioning of the Enterprise and a brief appearance of Robert April in the pilot, with a younger Commander Pike as his XO - the episode finishing up with a change-of-command sometime in the immediate future. Might be challenging to shoehorn that much in-universe time into the show, but IMO, April should be fully recognized in the canon for those who don't recognize TAS as such. Or maybe it could be as simple as April just happening to be put in charge for the initial Enterprise shake-down, with Pike being tapped to be the full-on "production" Captain at the completion of the first cruise.

6. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

I hope it's not like Discovery and is actually an episodic show.

CaptainMurdock likes this.
  7. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

In the first season of Discovery when Saru asked for the five most decorated Starfleet captains, April was listed as one of them.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  8. CaptainXaviOfEarth

Don’t count on it.

9. urbandk

urbandk Commodore Commodore

I'm imagining this Pike series will be more classic live action trek, section 31 if it happens will be more action/thriller, lower decks the lighter side of classic trek, unnamed Nickelodeon show YA aventure.

What am I missing?

Isn't there some talk of a young Picard show?

10. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Why would they call it Star Trek Enterprise when there’s already a series with that name? That’s a bit silly and confusing.

SurvivorJoe and NCC-73515 like this.
  11. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I meant CBS having 2 separate brands for something called 'Star Trek: Enterprise' would be confusing for marketing and merchandising.

Like for example the Enterprise novels have Enterprise in the title, so what would they call the novels in the hypothetical Pike series if it was also called Enterprise?

That's what I'm getting at.

12. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Star Trek: Enterprise²
    Star Trek Enterprise: The Next Generation

13. SurvivorJoe

SurvivorJoe Lieutenant Red Shirt

They wouldn't actually call this new show "Star Trek: Enterprise"...would they?

They can literally call the show anything they want, why on earth would they just re-use the title of one of the least popular Trek spin-offs? I can't believe they'd want to go that route, if only because they're going to have to keep explaining in the press releases how this is a new "Star Trek" prequel show, and not actually a continuation/reboot/"season 5" of "Star Trek: Enterprise".

14. CaptainXaviOfEarth

Because a show called “Star Trek: Enterprise” is instantly recognisable - it’s Star Trek and about the Enterprise. Ooooh maybe it’ll have Kirk and people in it??? I see Spock!!! Wow okay I will do this CBS All Access trial.

A show called “Star Trek: Pike” isn’t.

Jinn likes this.
  15. Paul755

Paul755 Commodore Commodore

there really is no good reason to call it Enterprise.

SurvivorJoe likes this.
  16. Yistaan

Yistaan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought the latest rumor was that it was Star Trek: Strange New Worlds?

17. M-Red

M-Red Commander Red Shirt

I guess I'm not as excited about this Pike concept as most here. I'll definitely be there watching and hoping that it's a huge success, but I feel like the pre-TOS timeframe has really been explored pretty thoroughly with ENT and DSC. And it's the toughest era to maintain even the slightest bit of visual and environmental continuity.

If it's going to be another prequel, I wish the setting would be more of a blank canvas....a new captain we've never seen taking command of the Enterprise-C.....2330s.

But I do love Star Trek: 1701 as a title. Love!

18. CaptainXaviOfEarth

It’s ‘Star Trek: Enterprise’, with fake production title “Strange New World”.

19. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

20. SurvivorJoe

SurvivorJoe Lieutenant Red Shirt

I guess I'll believe it when I see an official announcement. I just can't believe they would straight-up reuse the title of one of the previous shows. (unless they just went with "Star Trek")

NCC-73515 likes this.