Spoilers The shepal, didn´t want this sentimentality or freedom (Matrix 4)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mr_Sloan, Dec 10, 2022.

?

What is Matrix as a whole to you?

1. Great piece of art, about human nature

2. Some good (1), some bad movies (4)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mr_Sloan

Mr_Sloan Lieutenant Red Shirt

Matrix 4, was not as suspensefull or capturing to me, action/special effects wise. Yet i loved it.

Matrix 4 has a low box office result and an average of 63% rating on rotten tomatoes, even though some voted 10/10.

Interestingly both in the film and in an old Matrix comic, this was predicted, that people don´t like a "matrix movie".

Video contains spoilers to Matrix 4, and reference the comic
    see channal matrix explained e.g. youtube.com/watch?v=SYLJrR20oDs

Some say Matrix 4 was just a comment on the movie industry and nothing more. I think it was also a comment on consumers of movies and social media, who are emotionaly controled and becoming bots "swarm mode". Of course this is what many would oppose.

Besides of that, i think there is much more in Matrix 4 such, as how control works nowdays.

I have to admit i did not want to watch Matrix 1, because i only liked Star Trek. (Nothing new in my sci-fi comforet zone ;)
    Then i became a fan of Matrix 1. I did not like Matrix 2-3, assuming a trilogy was never planed, yet it was.

And, in aftermath, in a way, all 4 make perfect sense now. It descripe human nature, not just reality vs. non-reality, but also constrol vs. freedom and the 3 parts of human brains atomy.

Minispoiler for Matrix 1-4
    Matrix 1: Mindblowing. The Story of the Mind (Neo-cortex), The One. The Birth, of a free mind.
    Matrix 2: Life: The mind thinks in 0 and 1, light and darkness, duality. So Smith is equaly strong as Neo.
    Matrix 3: Death. Its inevitable. Peace only comes when giving up. Of course Neo is "Jesus", just as the "one" is a "trinity". God, the son and the holy ghost in christianity. Ander-son, is the son, the holy ghost, is morpheus, the intiution. Just as the mind (neo), the subcouncious (morpheus, god of dreams), and the heart.
    Matrix 4: Ressurection: So Matrix 4 is just a love movie that does not fit to matrix? Well its not for interlectual philosophers as Matrix 1 as it was for the mind. Matrix 4, was for the heart, about true love vs. control (Chad). Of course trinity is part of "The One" and has powers.
    So with Matrix 1-4 we have a free mind and a free heart. Maybe Matrix 5 should be about Morpheus getting power, about freeing intution. With that box office result there will be no Matrix 5 (any time soon), though.

I think that 3-way humanity, is why Star Trek was so successfull, too. The Original Series had a set of characters, that where supposed to be equal (Scotty etc.) and it turned out 3 of them where quite.. iconic. Spock, the mind (Neocortex of humans and partly some dolphins), McCoy the heart (mamal part of our brain) and Kirk, the gut/intuition (subconcious part of our brain).

Maybe Matrix 4 will be recoginsed as a grand piece of art, in the future. Maybe it will stay a favorite movie only for some (who voted 10 out of 10). Because after all, matrix is not about the mainstream, or following other people´s opinions, but instead of being a free and enpowered human being (mind, heart and initution), in contrast to a matrix of control.

2. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Some films are better as a one and done.

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
  3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I kinda liked the first film, although I was unnerved by the impression that I got - that Morpheus was out to forcibly wake up everyone from the Matrix whether they wanted it or not.

4. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The first movie is a great piece of art. The next 3 movies are not as bad as people make them out to be but they are not special. They are middle of the road action movies with some cool great action beats and some social commentary that isn't as deep as they think they are but heck deserve some cred anyways for at least trying to more than just random action movies.

5. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

The fourth Matrix was brilliant and all four films are shining examples of trans art.