The Runaway - new VR animated adventure coming up

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by matthunter, Feb 15, 2019.

1. matthunter

matthunter Vice Admiral Admiral

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/doctor-who/63462/doctor-who-the-runaway-bbc-vr-film

BBC have announced a 12-minute short VR adventure with Jodie's Doctor asking you to help her out with a dangerous mission.

I loved the Adventure Games series of "episodes" for the 11th Doctor and Amy (and Rory eventually) so will be interesting to see how this goes. If anything, it shows the Beeb are still willing to take chances on expansion material for the series!

I haven't got a VR rig - was looking at the Oculus Go but figured I should wait for the next model (the Quest). Alternatively, could look at PS4 VR, but getting rid of cables seems a good move with my dog and cat wandering about...

2. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Someone has made a vr Who intro on yt and it is very impress to watch in vr, so this shoukd be interesting.

3. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Verified Disney Princess Moderator

Since it’s a film hopefully it will work on Google Cardboard, the only VR rig I have at the moment.

4. matthunter

matthunter Vice Admiral Admiral

Trailer has dropped over at DenOfGeek - not hugely exciting but Jodie seems to be giving it a good performance. Also some plot details!

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/doctor-who/63462/doctor-who-the-runaway-bbc-vr-film

You’ve been in a collision. You wake inside the TARDIS. The Doctor introduces you to the person, or thing, you collided with. He’s a strange and magnificent ball of living energy called Volta. Part surly teenager, part bomb, Volta is very unstable. In fact, he’s primed to explode. Big time. Unless he can be returned to his home planet, sharpish. The problem is, a squad of galactic busybodies has other plans for Volta. Bad ones. Drawn into a frantic chase, you become the Doctor’s unlikely assistant as she races against time to get Volta home to his parents. Armed with a sonic screwdriver, it is down to you to help the Doctor as she faces the forces of evil, and teenage angst, in this animated 13-minute VR adventure from the team behind Doctor Who Series 11.