THE ORVILLE S2, E13: "TOMORROW, AND TOMORROW, AND TOMORROW"

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Serveaux, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Leo Star Dragon 1 likes this.
  2. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

"Who are you?" I'm guessing, Kelly from the future.

Leo Star Dragon 1 and Qonundrum like this.
  3. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Two Kelly's?

4. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

I think we're going to lose a character. Specifically, I think Ed.

5. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

^to be replaced by the other one...like Miles on DS9 was....?

6. tharpdevenport

No, I'm thinking she'll get the command, someone will move up to the second-in-command, and a new character will fill the void.

But at some point Ed will be "rescued" and there will be conflict. Maybe a season later. That's assuming the show gets renewed.

7. Finn

I'd be surprised. Seth is the only one that is fairly famous, especially with the question of whether it gets renewed or not still iffy. I dont see viewership staying the same or improving without him in the foreseeable future.

8. Serveaux

Yeah, I don't know what you base that guess on.

9. tharpdevenport

Juat a personal hunch. Ed still said mere episodes ago he felt he didn't really deserve the command, and the brief plot synapsis for the next series finale says "The crew must contend with the disastrous fallout from Kelly's decision."

I'm thinking Kelly has to leave Ed behind for some reason and the time distortion/portal/swirly-thing alert closes. But the crew wanted to get Ed before it was too late.

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  10. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Scott Grimes would likely be second. He's really gained quite a following in recent years, and he really shines in this series.

11. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I'd have said both Kelly and Dr. Finn are both played by more recognized actors than Scott Grimes, by a fairly wide margin...

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can't see Seth leaving his own show, so if someone leaves it will probably be someone else.
    As for the description of the next episode, maybe rather than one person being trapped somewhere/when, the ship is.

13. Serveaux

I'm thinking that no one knows Gordon. Don't know why.

14. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

Ditto. Alternate timeline, it's Ed who's experiencing the temporal anomaly thing. Though I'd also roll the dice on LaMarr since he's not had any episodes yet and he is the senior engineer...

So many huge plot threads this season and in a season of 14 episodes there's so little left for filler, to the point the filler episodes do more to upend the bigger and recurring plot points and arcs. I hope this isn't another pointless filler like the cell phone episode, which should have been titled "8675309, Sorry Jenny for wastin' yer time" :rofl:

(Seriously, the big debate over "robot vs holographic simulation" is worthy of a couple of scenes, not a drawn out episode.

He's the third most-used character this season. :D

15. Finn

Um...no. If you went out in the streets with a promotional picture of Grimes, and asked random people what they know about Grimes, you would be more likely to be met with blank looks, even after you tell them what Grimes had done...

If Scott Grimes is decently well known, Wil Wheaton is an A-Lister...

Somewhat yes.

16. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

OK, well maybe it's just me then, but for me, he's the second most recognizable actor on the crew. As for Kelly, I haven't been familiar with her actress before this.

17. Astra

Astra Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have to agree. I haven't seen him in anything before but I have a friend who is or at least was a big Scott Grimes fan, so I knew the name and that he was in Band of Brothers. I did previously not know any of the others, Seth included.

18. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

That may be you if you didn’t know Seth. Family Guy was sorta a big thing. Didn’t know until I looked , but Scott is the kid on American Dad.

Kelly was on Agents of Shield, if that helps. The Doc was on DS9, and was big on 24 as well, amongst others

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I only knew the name Scott Grimes before The Orville for voicing the son on American dad.
    I was already a fan of Seth McFarlane, from American Dad, Family Guy, Cleveland Show, and the first Ted.
    I was a fan of Adrianne Palicki from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and GI Joe: Retaliation.
    I was a big fan of Penny Johnson Jerald from DS9 and 24.
    I had never heard of any of the other main cast members before the show started.

20. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Grimes was on a few seasons of ER.