Spoilers The Originals- Season 3 post season discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Jun 1, 2016.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really wanted to discuss The Originals, but since I haven't seen The Vampire Diaries since the midseason finale I didn't really want to have to go to the shared thread.
    I thought this last season was really good overall. Lucien, and the de Martel's were great additions to the cast for the season. I was pretty surprised when they seemed to deal with them only to end up bringing Lucien and then Aurora back, but I still liked what they did with them.
    I have to admit, I was a little skeptical when they suddenly introduced a new Mikaelson with Freya last season, but I actually got to really like her this season.
    My biggest disappointment was the deaths of Cami, and Davina. I really liked both characters, and I'm very disappointed they appear to be gone for good. Killing two women off in the same episode like that was a big mistake, espcially with their already been so much controversy over the treatment of women in TV and movies. Both deaths were actually handled really well, and gave us some interesting developments, but I still think it was a mistake.
    The way they ended the season was a big shock for me. Did they know for sure they were coming back when they wrote the finale? I could see what we got there being a pretty satisfying end to the entire series.
    Do we know yet who will or won't be back full time next season?

2. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

The Vampire Diaries went downhill fast after the Originals began. All the good writing went to the spin-off.

It's too bad we have to wait so long for new episodes. The next season of The Originals is currently supposed to begin airing in early 2017.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That sucks. I hate when they make us wait so long.