The Ninth Doctor’s greatest (real life) foes...

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Nightowl1701, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

2. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I always take the Daily Mail with a grain of salt, but, since they are quoting from his book, it might also be another reason why he isn't interested in coming back to the role of the Doctor, it could be a reminder of when he was ill and unhappy.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  3. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Here's a better written article from Variety (seriously, always stay away from Daily Mail, there are much better sources out there).

I'm glad Eccleston finally found the courage to speak out about these two debilitating diseases. This helps other people realize they're not alone in these types of struggles and it also helps destigmatize depression and especially anorexia. While he doesn't directly say it in the quote about why he never said anything (perhaps he further elaborates in his book), speaking out on his struggle with anorexia directly highlights against the commonly misconceived notion that it's mostly a woman's disease.

Indeed. It may also explain why he has always been so reticent about talking about his departure. His struggles may have directly tied in why he left (but may have not been the sole reason).

4. Gavin70

Gavin70 Commander Red Shirt

Having seen reports of some of his recent interviews he seems to have found a level of support and respect from the fandom since he started doing conventions so I suspect the possibility of him coming back to the role in the future isn't out of the question.