News The Mindy Project is now Science Fiction! (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Guy Gardener, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Usually we are dealing with a Romantic Situation Comedy about the most selfabsorbed woman in the world, sabotaging all her unconventionally unhealthy relationships, until NOW!

God got sick of it, and put Mindy in a time-loop until she pulled her love life out the crapper.

:)

Season 5 episode 8. "Hot Mess Time Machine".

(Couldn't find a trailer for this specific episode, but it's all on HULU.)

2. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thewhothewhatnow?

3. Guy Gardener

It's a groundhog day (homage) episode of the Mindy Project.

Mindy keeps waking up on the exact same Wednesday morning, again and again and again, and continues to do so, with infinite Mulligans and respawns, until she finally gets the day right.

In this episode, Mindy also cosplays as two different comic book characters. :)

Oh.

It's also possible that despite being on air for 5 years, that you might not have seen or or heard of The Mindy Project.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  4. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

My wife loves this show and I have seen a number of episodes- it has some wonderfully quirky characters and the best lines.

5. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

This is actually one of the few contemporary sitcoms that I've seen and it was pretty good. I suspect the Groundhog Day thing was probably a dream or something, though, and it hasn't become a Sci-Fi or Fantasy show. Which is kind of a shame. I might get Hulu for that.

6. Guy Gardener

Hulu is free for Americans last I checked, but the service is better/more user friendly if you give them money.

7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Oh, I thought there was free content and paid content. I'll check it out.

8. Guy Gardener

I'm not American, so Hulu just throws rocks at me whenever I make enquiries, so these are just semi-facts that I chose to have faith in.

AGGGH!

The Mindy Project had a fantasy episode, that might have been a dream, but they didn't actually resolve in the end of the episode that it had all been a dream.

Mindy made a wish before she fell asleep in her comfortable bed and it came True!

She transformed into a handsome white dude, and experienced gender bias as an male oppressor!

s05e12 "Mindy Lahiri is a White Man"