Spoilers The Magicians - Season 5

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Jul 29, 2019.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been waiting for someone else to start a thread for this, but since no else has, I'll go ahead and do it myself.
    I haven't come across much information on the season yet, but we do know that it will be the first season without the series original main character, Quentin Coldwater played by Jason Ralph. I'm very curious to see how his departure will effect the series.
    We did not get a trailer at Comic-Con, but we did get a clip, which shows Julia running into a literal sexist pig.

2. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Quentin was a character both in the books and the show I didn't really connect with that much initially, but probably in the show I grew to like him a great deal and that he wasn't one of those "uber overpowered main character hero" types. His death still hits hard and the way they presented it with Quentin himself not sure if he sacrificed himself just to save everyone or because deep down he was still suicidal was a very unique and moving scene.

Everytime I watch the Quentin memorial and when Elliot shows up still nursing injuries and showing such pain from the loss of Quentin hits hard.

It will be interesting to see where the show goes from here. Elliot and Margo have returned to Fillory which (with the return of magic and LOTS of magic) has seen the world return to time running much faster than Earth and it's been 3 centuries since Josh & Fin were overthrown. They would have died a long time ago, but I'll guess they were frozen or banished to something that they'll still be alive.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have to confess, I did get a bit chocked up when the rest of the characters were all sitting around the fire singing after Quentin died.