The "I'm Not Paying" Confessional Thread

USS Triumphant

Vice Admiral
Admiral
I signed up for CBS All Access last night. I was never in doubt that I was going to (barring some unforeseen downturn in my finances). It's an opportunity for NEW STAR TREK, and while I have :ahem: other avenues through which I could see it, I don't just want to see it - I want to count as support for it.

During the last week, my excitement for the new show has really ramped up, and that plus signing up got me wondering: How many of you that said you wouldn't pay / would never pay / etc, have now signed up and are eagerly awaiting September 24th?

Confess your sins, my children. ;) It's okay - this is TrekBBS. I think we'll all understand that the draw of new Trek was too much to stand on principle.

Last edited:
(And no, I'm not a shill for CBS - though if I had thought about contacting them first, maybe I could have gotten a free month or two? :lol: )

I didn't have that much of a problem with paying for CBS All Access, because I plan to use it for more exclusive content than just Star Trek. I don't have a DVR with my cable package, so I have a feeling that the only way I'll be able to catch full episodes of CBS Sunday Morning is through All Access.

While some content may be on other services, it's funny what gets pushed to the front of the carousels. When I finally signed up on Friday, I was playing around with it and found that the 1968 version of The Odd Couple was on, so I played that, as I haven't seen it in years.

Then on Sunday, I watched a couple of episodes of I Love Lucy. I own The Twilight Zone on blu ray, so I don't really need to see that on a streaming service, and like previous Trek shows, that's on other services as well.

I still have some kinks to work out, as I posted in a thread I started, but it looks like it should be an okay service.

I'm subscribing to Netflix in order to watch DSC in the UK in the next couple of weeks. I wanted Netflix anyway for all the other content, this is just my excuse.

Would I subscribe just for Trek? I'd likely wait and see what others thought before deciding.

Me personally? I would absolutely subscribe just for Trek. I'm lucking out that other folks in the house like certain things on the service, but if I were alone I'd still be subscribing. Without a doubt.

In terms of Netflix, subscribing just for Trek can still mean a huge amount of content if you don't already own all the dvds. All the shows in one place is pretty sweet.

In terms of Netflix, subscribing just for Trek can still mean a huge amount of content if you don't already own all the dvds. All the shows in one place is pretty sweet.

True. It is also all available on CBS All-Access here in the US.

If I lived in the US, I wouldn't have to think one second about it: I would DEFINATELY sign up!!! Luckily I already have Netflix here though!

Back