News The Fifty-Year Mission: Next 25 Years Review

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by AutoAdmin, Sep 19, 2016.

1. AutoAdmin

AutoAdmin Machine of Death Administrator

A new news article has been published at TrekToday:

The Book: The Fifty-Year Mission: The Complete, Uncensored, Unauthorized Oral History of Star Trek: The Next 25 Years is the second of...

Continue reading...

2. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

As a Deep Space Nine fan myself, I'm disappointed to see that yet again, my second-favorite Trek show has gotten such short shrift. As for the book itself, I've never given Gross or Altman credit for much credibility, so I'll probably wait and get this out of the library, or possibly used somewhere.

3. Daddy Todd

Daddy Todd Commodore Commodore

The DS9 chapter is very long and detailed. It's good stuff. There was plenty in this book that was new info to me -- the first volume went over ground that's been covered in many other venues. The second volume was more rewarding.

4. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

It's actually a good book. Those single chapters aren't short anyhow. The DS9 one had surprises for me.

5. flandry84

flandry84 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm surprised at the suggestion that the DS9 cast didn't get along so well.I had never come across any such rumours.
    Anyone care to enlighten me?

6. Idran

Idran Commodore Commodore

I don't know that they fought, but I've heard that Brooks tended to keep himself apart from everyone but Lofton, that he was a little prickly towards the rest of the cast. That's all I've heard in that direction, though.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm assuming Alexander Siddig and Nana Visitor must have gotten along pretty well, at one point at least.

Paris likes this.