The Expendables 3

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by JarodRussell, Aug 8, 2013.

1. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Apparently, Bruce Willis is out because he's too "greedy and lazy". And Harrison Fucking Ford is in it as replacement.

Also rumored are Milla Jovovich, Nicolas Cage, Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, and even Steven Seagal.

A given seem to be Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Terry Crews, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Randy Couture.

I enjoyed the hell out of the last one. I can't wait for the next one.

2. JRS

JRS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The cast seems good..and Harrison Ford is cool addition:cool:
    I kind of hope that they would bring back Nan Yu, who played Maggie in the second movie.
    I liked the character.

Steven Seagal could play the villain or at least a bad guy.
    Lorenzo Lamas might be good, too.

3. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, apparently he wanted $1 million a day, which would have amounted to $4 million for four days work, and would drop out if he got anything less.

4. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I was hoping they'd bring back Van Damme as a good twin of his character in Expendables 2.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Mel Gibson is playing the villain.

6. Opus

Opus Commodore Commodore

Playing himself, I see...

7. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Stallone keeps saying Cage is in but Cage keeps saying he's not.

Jet Li and Mickey Rourke are also rumored to be returning.

8. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

You earned that one. :)

Not sure how much longer this whole supercast schtick can be maintained, but 2 was awesome, so bring it on!

9. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

The formula can be extended endlessly because there really is no overaching story but old(er) action heroes blow stuff up and do one liners.

And there's a ton of old, fading career action stars who can fill a role and haven't been yet in the movie.

Personally i love the movies for the sheer camp and ridiculous acting and action.

10. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

I loved the Chuck Norris cameos in the second one.

11. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

It's disappointing that Bruce was insisting on $4m for 4 days of work.
    I kinda feel like if Ford has agreed to do it, and in the past he was known to stick to his guns on his asking price, then Willis did indeed overreach. Cause Ford is likely having to do this for "peanuts" as well. With the budget and cast this series is more passion project for the novelty of it then one an actor does for the paycheck. Which seems to be, looking from a distance, why Ford might be doing it. A chance to work with some actors he never has.

Also, the fact that Segal is in it is kinda big news if only for the fact that he and the producer, Lerner(?), have had a private personal feud of loathing for one another going back to the early 90's. Some bridges seem to have been mended if only temporarily for the sake of this project.

12. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think Jackie Chan should be Maggie's Father. I actually thought that was going to be the plot when Stallone talked about making it a smaller movie with not as many co-stars and just with Jackie Chan. That him and Jackie would team up to go free her from somewhere in an old damsel in distress plot.

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

So the all-female EX3 is not going to happen? :wah:

14. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Guess I'm one of the few who enjoyed the hell the first movie, but didn't much care for the second. It just didn't feel quite as fun and gung-ho for some reason, and there was too much standing around firing guns and not as as much actual fighting.

Although it's also possible the novelty of the idea had just worn off too much by that point.

15. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I actually prefer the second one to the first just because it assembled more 80s icons than the first one did. Sure they mostly stand around and fire guns, but most of these guys are (or very nearly) senior citizens.

16. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Looking forward to this. Be good to see Mel back on the big screen too, I thought Get the Gringo was a riot.

17. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's being reported that Antonio Banderas has joined the movie.

18. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Not too bothered Willis is out. Seems to be sleepwalking through parts recently.

Like the mooted possible additions, esp. Jovovich. Could be the setup for that rumoured movie.

19. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Bruce Willis seems to have given up on his career, sleepwalking through parts for a paycheck. I've read and heard a lot too about how he's become an absolute prick to work with. Has anyone seen that interview where he's promoting Reds 2 and just being a sarcastic asshole through the entire thing?

I wasn't crazy about the last one but the fact that they got Harrison Ford definitely makes me want to see the next one. He's still one of my favorite actors.

As one article said, The Expendables is like that toy box your parents threw your old action figures into.

20. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought that's always been a rival proposed production? So if anything, bringing Jovovich in could make that movie less likely.