The Defiant's bridge looks different in FC

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Ianburns252, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Ianburns252

Ianburns252 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Maybe it is just lighting but I'm also sure the front console has been split to two.

The consoles and the furniture all look fancier too - not sure Sisko has the same bits around the command chair that Worf does.

Does anyone know if they just fluffed up the series bridge set to make it movie ready or if they did a rebuild?

2. Prometheus59650

Prometheus59650 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Presidium Apartments Overlooking the Sushi Place

Almost guaranteed that that's just light and shadow combined with better film quality than DS9. Money has always been a thing that Trek has fretted over and I can't imagine that anyone invested a dime in redressing the sets.

3. Ianburns252

See, that was my initial reaction but I am sure the command chair and the front console are different - I wonder if it is half and half, same set for the shape but with some fancier furniture in there

4. Prometheus59650

Prometheus59650 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Presidium Apartments Overlooking the Sushi Place
    Looking at a static photo of the bridge and then comparing it to FC via Youtube clip, I'm pretty sure that's the same command chair; same shape and two-tone dark w/ gray outer with a dark brown strip in the center.

But, compared to the YT clip, the helmsman's station looks different. I don't know if it'sjust the angle or what, but this sort of...raised lip that the console has looks more pronounced, so maybe they did tweak something, but that scene is so dark, it's hard to say.

5. Ianburns252

I think the lighting probably does count for more than I'm giving it credit for.

She never got beaten up as much in the series in terms of pyro, smoke, wires as in the film and that is obviously a budget thing.

Just double checked and it does look like the command chair has those consoles so I'll hold my hands up on that. Maybe we just never really saw them used in the show.

6. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

I’ve never noticed a single difference, other than the lower lighting.

arch101 likes this.
  7. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Comparing the scene from FC and some still of the bridge from DS9, everything looks the same. Side stations, red alert panels, curved navigation console directly ahead of the Captain's chair.

The shots in FC were very quick and from different angles and the lighting is darker than on DS9.

8. SithHappens

SithHappens Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Probably just mood lighting, I mean look at the BOP between TSFS and TVH.

9. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

There were big changes made to the BoP bridge between those movies.

DonIago likes this.
  10. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Rice Admiral Premium Member

Yeah, almost completely different sets.

Bill Shatner probably would have loved Kirk presiding over TVH from the elevated throne of the TSFS command chair, but I doubt the rest of the cast would have stood for it! :D

11. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

Every single bridge looks a bit different in every single Trek movie. It doesn't really bug me any more, and casual fans never notice the changes.