The D-Con Chamber podcast with Dominic & Connor

Watching the Lolita Fatjo episode on YouTube now since it still hasn't hit Apple Podcasts...

Wow, Mary Chieffo is a bundle of energy. Not how I expected a Klingon Chancellor to be. Great to listen to her. Makes me miss the days of Discovery season 1 & 2.

I skimmed through the Chieffo interview. It bugs me slightly that when she talks about the thick early make-up they showed clips of the upgraded season two make-up. Ultimately it doesn't matter in the slightest, but it's one more mote in the grand scheme of implied misinformation. ;)

Absolutely loved the Andre Bormanis interview, and it sounded like Connow and Dominic did too, since they want him back on. He's had a really interesting life and chock full of stories. Well worth a listen.

Going off on a tangent, but it sounds like Greatest Generation Podcast is also starting on Enterprise. Doesn't sound like they're too thrilled by it so far, but it'll be interesting if that vibe changes as they go on.

Back on D-Con though, I've been really liking the interviews so far, but I hope they get a load of guests like Fatjo and Bormanis, I love all the behind the scenes info they have to share.

Anyone else noticed they've stopped posting D-Con to Apple Podcasts after the first couple episodes?

This week's D-Con Chamber is with Michelle Hurd. She's had a good career and I imagine working on the three seasons of Picard will inevitably come up. I only liked her character in the last season, and it'd be interesting to see if they talk about how the show evolved, coronavirus difficulties during production and so on. Plus, she was quite prominent in the recent strikes which I'd like to hear more about.
Could be a good listen/watch. 👍

This week's D-Con Chamber is with Michelle Hurd. She's had a good career and I imagine working on the three seasons of Picard will inevitably come up. I only liked her character in the last season, and it'd be interesting to see if they talk about how the show evolved, coronavirus difficulties during production and so on. Plus, she was quite prominent in the recent strikes which I'd like to hear more about.
Could be a good listen/watch. 👍
I'd like to hear her talk about trek. She did Shuttlepod during the strike so that was all about the strikes and nothing about Trek of course. I don't really want to hear about the strikes this time round.

I really enjoyed the interview with Michelle Hurd . I'll have to catch up on the earlier interviews another time when my work schedule isn't so busy.

Michelle is great to hear from and very compelling. But still almost nada about being on the series other than a bit about landing the gig. They're getting her back again though....

Does anyone talk about their time on Trek on the new podcast? Since the D-Con episodes are over an hour shorter then the old Shuttlepod episodes it feels like they only ever talk about non-trek stuff even with the Trek guests, and honestly I've been fairly bored by the new show and format. I don't need any of the weird extras of the old SPS like quizes or whatever, but one hour is too short for an interview, especially when they only talk about non-Trek things 99% of the time.

The pod finally showed up on my feed a while back but I haven't really felt the need to check out any of it. I don't really care about the extracurriculars of most of these people if I'm honest. Eventually there will be a guest I care about or they'll start talking Trek a little more. ;)

Does anyone talk about their time on Trek on the new podcast? Since the D-Con episodes are over an hour shorter then the old Shuttlepod episodes it feels like they only ever talk about non-trek stuff even with the Trek guests, and honestly I've been fairly bored by the new show and format. I don't need any of the weird extras of the old SPS like quizes or whatever, but one hour is too short for an interview, especially when they only talk about non-Trek things 99% of the time.
That's a valid point and they will lose views at this rate. I have absolutely no interest in Lolita Fajio unless she is going to chat about the show. I might mention that in the comments.

Robin Curtis talked about her Experiences filming Star trek 3 and her acting career was really interesting.

Back