The creatures in Dagobah's "Cave of Evil"

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Unimatrix Q, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Unimatrix Q

Unimatrix Q Commodore Commodore

Were the snakes and lizards in the cave "normal" animals or somehow mutated? And how much was their behavior altered by the evil in the cave? Were they a potential danger to visitors?

Perhaps when Yoda entered the cave they hid from him, because he had a lightsaber at this time.

Not sure if Yoda could have sensed them in this case or from outside. The dark side or the cave itself could possibly cloak them from people lurking outside and maybe sometimes even from people inside.

In this case, Yoda may have been wrong to advise Luke to enter the cave without a lightsaber :whistle:

Luke may have done the right thing ;)

Always wondered about that, since i first saw ESB.

2. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

They're just normal swamp dwelling animals. No reason to think otherwise. If anything they'll avoid going too far in, just out of instinct. As we saw it's not just a cave, there's some kind of structure in there, probably an ancient shrine, or an entrance to an old temple. So it stands to reason the nexus is much further in too.

3. Unimatrix Q

Unimatrix Q Commodore Commodore

Not sure about that. Legends seems to be hinting at the possibility that they weren't harmless.

As i said on Reddit:

"Not sure about that, because the cave seems to attract these creepers somehow for whatever reason.

And i remember that the reptiles living at a similar domain of the darkside in TOTJ (Lake Nath on Ambria iirc) were extremely aggressive.

Not to speak about the beasts living in Sith tombs on Korriban, that were used as Guardians..."

4. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Yeah, well the EU said a lot of crazy nonsense. I wouldn't put any stock in it.