The Collaborator

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Seven of Five, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

I was reminiscing about episodes I found a new appreciation for after my rewatch, and Collaborator is really stuck in my head. There had been a buildup in season 2 towards the election of the new Kai, and it seemed like 'People's Vedek' Bareil would win, especially after all of the mayhem and general bitchiness surrounding 'Opera House Hat' Winn. But no, Bareil fell on his sword for to ensure the memory of Kai Opaka, through her son, wasn't sullied.

One of my favourite parts of the episode is Winn requesting an audience with Sisko, who agrees to see her *after* the election - completely shitting on Winn's political plans. And then she wins and she's suddenly too busy to see him by episode's end.

Nana Visitor, Philip Anglem and Louise Fletcher totally rocked.

2. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

OT: (I don't want to start some kind of war so let's keep it civil) but I remember a lot of people comparing Bariel/Winn to Obama/McCain during the election this year. That's one of the reasons this episode keeps getting stuck with me.

3. JNG

JNG Chief of Staff, Starfleet Command Rear Admiral

What can one say but :rolleyes:

4. Marie1

Marie1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Grrr, I was so mad at that outcome! I wish Bareil had been more adversarial! I mean, I'm all for thinking that in general people are good- but that only goes so far. He had to know how horrible Winn was, he should have tried harder if only so that someone other than she would win!

5. Navaros

Navaros Commodore Commodore

This is indeed a great episode due to Louise Fletcher and Winn. What a brilliant actress. The scene where she brushes off Sisko is awesome.