The Animals That Aren't Dogs or Cats Thread

JD

Fleet Admiral
Admiral
Since we have a thread for dogs and one for cats, I thought it might be fun to do one for other animals. So basically this is for sharing videos or GIFs of any animal that isn't a dog or a cat.
Well these people had an interesting companion on their horseback ride in Kenya. This one is from a woman I follow on Instagram named Katie Rowe.

Loki the Raven is a thief from Loki's Youtube channel

Octopus reacts to wig from the Octolab TV Youtube channel

nAPQduM.gif

Wow.
While I was looking at horseback riding stuff for my story I stumbled across a couple horseback sports/activities I hadn't heard of before that I thought were pretty cool.
Vaulting = gymnastics on horseback, team and individual

Horseball= basketball on horseback

I thought that was for pictures of anything, not just animals, and not for videos or GIFs.

Um.... you might want to take a look at the last (most current) page of the thread. There's four gifs of animals right there. :hugegrin:

e2iomm0.gif

I don't want to close it, but if the thread is a problem I'm willing to.
I just thought since dogs and cats got their own threads, it would be fun to one for other animals too.

I don't want to close it, but if the thread is a problem I'm willing to.
I just thought since dogs and cats got their own threads, it would be fun to one for other animals too.

I don't have any problem with this thread existing. The cat thread and dog thread aren't *just* for pictures and GIFs; you can just talk about cats or dogs without posting an image. You can do the same thing here, and use the thread to talk about other animals, such as all your non-cat and non-dog pets, the birds who come to visit your backyard feeder, or even that crazy squirrel who keeps attacking all your neighbours. It doesn't have to be just for images, so the thread is worthwhile as a standalone from the Picture Post thread.

We didn't close down the dog thread when it was started in 2018, when theoretically, all those dog pics could have gone in the picture thread instead, so I don't see any reason to close this one now.

(Although, since we're a Star Trek board, I do think you missed a great opportunity to call this thread "The Menagerie"! ;) )

Back